gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: more back in the day photos
Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: October 01, 2008 06:37PM

Well well well... Unfortunatly I think it is not the good guess... Here why :

This is the original picture , now infamous...

It is understand that to have this angle it must have been taken from a very high point, and if we talk about gibbs bay and guana, that point must have been North of it. The only high point north of this area is Danw Beach estate hill :

I believe everybody agree on that, there is no other location in this area it would be possible to take a picture like that...
So this is this mountain

specially up to the top that I climbed this afternoon, wau up to the antena !

and from up there I had a magnificent panorama, but not the same view at all... You cannot see gibbs bay, it is hiden by tamarin hill ! absolutly not... I am posting few photos and I will stitch them later to do a panorama so you can exactly appreciate the difference. Those picture are taken with an extra wide 14mm lense, OK... :

Starting from the Westin...

Tammarin Hill hiding Gibbs Bay...

GUana Bay on the back..

The backround mountain..

and the last mountains...

What do ya thing ?... confused smiley There is absolutly no view of the long shore line...I am now convinced it is not.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 01, 2008 06:44PM

In fact after what I went through today.. I would say it is Nevis LOL....>grinning smiley<

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 01, 2008 06:52PM

What gorgeous photos Philippe!!! You do realize now why we sent you up there...to get gorgeous shots!!!!!!!

Only kidding....

Thank you so much Philippe for your major attempts in trying to prove me right. I truly appreciate this and owe you a drink for your super valiant attempts. You will always be the Master OP1 to me.....

Actually, I guess I will concede....for now.... that is until I go in December...grinning smiley

Thanks again Philippe!

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 02, 2008 07:03AM

I agree a terrific job and very hard work.So now I think it could be Anse Marcel since his other pictures were of the French side in the book.HaHa

Date: October 02, 2008 08:27AM

LOL... Vicki, I knew you were up to something! Sending me up and down the hills... smiling bouncing smiley LOL But from now I am NOT climbing anymore hills!hot smiley I will only relly on Google earth and you'll all have to deal with it grinning smiley... It's an amazingly exact tool, and for the one who doubt about what I am saying, just take a look at the google earth 3d views compared with my pictures here below...how exact it is! You don't need to travel anymore LOL...If I knew that I wouldn't go up there! LOL...smoking smiley

Google earth :

Picture...

Google earth...

picture...

google earth

picture

google earth..

picture

google earth

picture

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 02, 2008 08:34AM

Ahhh...but I can't imagine the thrill you got when you reached a certain point and then looked out over the land. It must have been exhilerating. Thoses photos were fantastic and certainly appreciated. I never saw the Westin area and so with that photo, I now know that there are roads to travel beyond that point.

Thank you so much for doing what you did. It was beyond expectations and truly a generous thing to do.

You ARE the master.

Regards,
Vicki

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Date: October 02, 2008 08:51AM

You said it exactly...when I was almost reaching the top of the hill, few feet away from the Antenna, I was thrilled and exhilerated to know what I was going to find over the top looking down on the other side... Was it going to be the view I was looking for or not... I think you can imagine or hear from where you are the only word I pronunced when I found out it was not what I was looking for..."sh*t" LOL...

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 02, 2008 10:32AM

LMAO!!!

I guess I would have said the same thing, if not adding a few more.... smiling smiley I think this is something I would have loved to do, if only once. Maybe some day.

[www.vrbo.com]

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: October 02, 2008 12:27PM

Philippe
check out Statia. Lia said 2 people told her it might be in Statia

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Date: October 02, 2008 12:37PM

Ok I will... I am in my office and don't have access to google earth but I'll do it when back home. Statia or Nevis could be my guess now...

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: enzolarosa (78.15.19.---)
Date: October 02, 2008 04:02PM

I did, it has nothing to do with Statia in my opinion. The only elevation there is the volcano and that is it.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: October 02, 2008 04:44PM

that's what I thought too enzo, when they mentioned Statia.. Statia is relatively flat

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 02, 2008 05:04PM

OK guys...I just found the original version of this photo which was later doctored and posted to drive us crazy! As you will notice in the "original version", part of the right side of the photo was doctored to erase these 2 people who actually took a trip to still undisclosed origins and then post it to drive us all up the wall!!!!!!grinning smiley

[www.vrbo.com]

Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 02, 2008 05:11PM

Too Funny, Vicki!!!

Posted by: seamusoisin (---.home1.cgocable.net)
Date: October 02, 2008 05:31PM

That explains a lot, but who took the picture? How did you get that picture, ah ha your the photographer. Just too funny. great one.

I had the right to remain silent...but I didn't.

[burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com]

Pages: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |