- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: more back in the day photos
Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: September 29, 2008 05:39PM

I am still thinking that it is at "wilderness" (little Key), between the dump and Marcel Cove...ummmm! geeezzz, it is half of Caribbean working on hat one LOL...

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 29, 2008 09:32PM

I guess we need the late Peter Sellers inspector Clueso (sp) to figure this out.HaHa

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: September 30, 2008 08:08AM

Inspector Couseau ( sp) is here!
I did some "googling" and was able to find the author's son. I asked him where the picture was taken.
Truthfully I am still confused. I sent an email to Philippe and am waiting to ehar what he says.
But here iw what Mike Hannau says:

"and the picture I believe was of the French side, North and East of Marrigot, close to where the French and Dutch side come together. I believe the right side of the mountain is Dutch, the left side French. At the time the area and beaches were very remote. The area is close to where a private medical rejuvenation resort was at the end of the road.
Hopefully this is helpful

comments?

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Date: September 30, 2008 08:25AM

Which road and the boarder is on an angle.If you remember Anse Marcel wasn't developed until the early 80's. And the Cul de Sac road was still a dirt rd when LaHabitation opened in 86/87.If its picture running along the boarder than why is the ocean included.Strange!

Date: September 30, 2008 08:49AM

I think what he is talking about is the road running along Coralita beach. the more I think about it, is he was on top of pic paradis and taking it looking south down towards coralita.
I ma still working on more feedback though

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 09:17AM by Barbara1.

Date: September 30, 2008 09:17AM

Makes a little more sense. thanks

Date: September 30, 2008 09:45AM

Barbara, I just checked the GEOEYE Sat photo and from offshore it does look like Guana Bay.

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 30, 2008 09:59AM

And I will stick to my theory of Guana Bay being in the distance. OK...I'm stubborn... But I have redone the Google Earth over and over trying to tie in the current coastline to anything remotely looking like the coastline in the photo...the distant mountain with some exposed land on the mountain in a triangular shape, the road that runs along the right side, the land jutting out in the top left section and the small jut-out which looks exactly like the end of Gibbs Bay. I have never been to Pic Paradise but is it possible to see Gibbs and Guana that closely and that easily from up there?

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Date: September 30, 2008 10:00AM

Oh my!!!! Thanks for the support Bob! If I'm right, do I get a prize??? grinning smiley

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Date: September 30, 2008 10:09AM

NO... no view of Gibbs or Guana from pic paradis.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 30, 2008 10:24AM

OK....but I'm still sticking by my claim....hot smiley

[www.vrbo.com]

Date: September 30, 2008 05:40PM

Hey, Then I'm sticking with Anse Marcel and yes you get the prize. We'll buy you a drink when Mullet Bay Beach Hotel is rebuilt. HaHa

Date: September 30, 2008 05:47PM

no... it can't be it either... it's not the shore line of wilderness

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 30, 2008 06:00PM

and Philippe knows because he has been hiking those hills all day in order to find out, haven't you , Philippe?? >grinning smiley<
this is driving him crazysmiling smiley, guys!

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 30, 2008 07:14PM

But this photo was taken way back in time. Back then I would assume that there was very little in regards to homes near the shoreline there. Also I would assume that back then there was low vegetation close to the shoreline which grew higher as the elevation rose, maybe even hiding some of that pond which shows so predominantly in the google photo.

Come November, I am determined to check out the view from any high point around that area and I will be having Bob as my driver! he he he he he

[www.vrbo.com]

Pages: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |