- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: more back in the day photos
Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: September 30, 2008 07:20PM

Oh yeah!.. I am exhausted! No kidding... yesterday Tamarin Hill, Dawn Beach hill!
Today twice Oyster Pond hill...
And I still can't figurate it out! I getting mad...angry smiley I even asked Barbara to torture, YES TORTURE... the author's son to make him talk: Where that hell he was when he shot that pic? LOL....smoking smiley
Hey... did people had some sort of photoshop in the 60's and he alterated this one...grinning smiley LOL just for fun...maybe! If tomorow I don't have an answer I am going to start flying to St kitts, Statia and... SABA !!!... eye rolling smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 30, 2008 07:29PM

I understand but, vegetation and house do not really alterate the shore line or the mountain/hill shape... plus the angle and the perspective!... It is taken from very high point and so steep down towards... And you have those two MAJOR excavations on both mountains on the right...
I tell you ... it's making me crazy! I am here, down here, running all over the hills to try to get a match...hot smiley and no match, nowhere!confused smileyangry smiley
Hey maybe the guy was on "high" when he put the picture in this book grinning smileyeye rolling smiley was the 60's wasn't it? LOL >grinning smiley<

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 30, 2008 07:32PM

OKayyyyyyyy...if this doesn't convince you all, then I give up.... smiling smiley

I miscalculated the land by one small section around Gibbs. If you look at this google earth photo and match up the arrows, I can't see how any part of the island looks like a better match.

Even the bare section near the bottom arrow in the right photo seems perfect to have built a home with a road wrapping around toward the beach.

Now come on.......admit it.......I'm right........
>grinning smiley<

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 07:33PM by John.

Date: September 30, 2008 07:59PM

>grinning smiley<smiling bouncing smiley
I guess you want to go back climbing Tamarin Hill tomorow LOL... You will kill me LOL...hot smiley
You have very good points, I have to say... but now I have to find from where this view of Gibbs Bay/Guana was taken... I will try again Dawn Beach Hill, way way way above the Princess High... smiling bouncing smiley
I have to try again, since your guess was my number 3 guess :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Tabba Khady (190.102.14.215)
Date: September 24, 2008 06:29PM

Like I said my guess of being Orient fromPea Tree Hill was wrong because green cay is no where in the pic...
But could it be Gibbs Bay with the little red pond and guana bay further down?

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[sxmcoconut-retriever.blogspot.com]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first one being orient from Pea tree hill, my second being Dawn Beach from Oyster Pond hill... Both were wrong... so maybe yours and my third... I'll go back tomorow smoking smileyconfused smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 30, 2008 08:06PM

I have faith in you Philippe...may the Force be with you, my Master O "P" 1 >grinning smiley<

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Date: September 30, 2008 08:26PM

LOL >grinning smiley<hot smileydrinking smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 30, 2008 10:38PM

Vicky, I'll drive and Barbara can be the guide since you'll have to be pushing the car up the hills. Also pushing the car will stop you from being a back seat driver.HeHeHeHe Like I said earlier I've never explored Guana Bay and I'm looking forward to the experience, plus proving I'm right! Less than 8 weeks till SXM.

Date: October 01, 2008 07:13AM

You proving YOUR right????????????? Hey buster...I stand on this claim....smiling bouncing smiley

And as far as pushing the car, I will have no problem with that as long as I have Philippe help push and you and Barbara stop putting on the parking break every 10 feet and laughing! LMAO

Now seriously....the best way to tell where to stand is probably to go down to Gibbs and look up, using a reverse tactic.

[www.vrbo.com]

Posted by: enzolarosa (78.15.19.---)
Date: October 01, 2008 08:59AM

The more I look at the island from Google Earth the more I think it is not SXM. Why the author would write "view from the hills" if he was sure about the location?

remember he did take pictures form other Caribbean islands, Bahamas, Antigua etc.etc., I think that is rather possible that he could have mixed a few photos, and therefore he was not very sure about this one.

Date: October 01, 2008 04:34PM

Vicky, I think you have to much free time. HaHa

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 01, 2008 04:38PM

Yep....you got that right! Although you aren't too far behind eye rolling smiley

Not enough good shows on TV anymore although today is my favorite night!

[www.vrbo.com]

Date: October 01, 2008 04:56PM

I just came back home... give me few minuts, I am downloading the pictures I took today... about Gibbs and Guana...smoking smiley Vicky, you will have your answer very soon grinning smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 01, 2008 05:02PM

Arghhhh.... Has O "P" 1 confirmed my thoughts or is this just the beginning of the end for me as a SXM tour guide....grinning smiley

I will anxiously be awaiting the details of your find.

Regards,
Vicki

[www.vrbo.com]

Date: October 01, 2008 05:32PM

I bet he'll say its from St. Barth's. Now do I win!!!!!

Date: October 01, 2008 05:34PM

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA... you're too much Bob!....grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

[www.vrbo.com]

Pages: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |