The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: night life/getting around
Posted by: MrsCraft (---.113.196.8.ts46v-16.otn-h2.ftwrth.tx.charter.co)
Date: September 22, 2003 02:44PM

If = is smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Southman (66.147.11.---)
Date: September 22, 2003 02:48PM

I hear ya Mrs. Craft.....maybe we need to get Ed involved????

Posted by: Lucy (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 22, 2003 03:00PM

That depends on what you term "idiot". Some people call the gay "idiots". They call them all sorts of names.

Posted by: Southman (66.147.11.---)
Date: September 22, 2003 03:20PM

Concerning the Subways on St. Martin......I apologize for the general categorization of you...Lucy being an idiot. I guess I meant to imply that you are a feeble minded, imbecile, mentally challenged, ignoramus moron. I sincerely hope I have not offended any "gays" with my other generalization!

Date: September 22, 2003 03:34PM

You are so careful not to insult the gays because you are gay yourself. You are dysfunctional and your opinions don't matter to me.

Posted by: Chas (12.16.111.---)
Date: September 22, 2003 04:08PM

Lucy, you started strong, but have faded fast. I would certainly not have called you an idiot (although your recent posts are heading in that direction); however I call call you naive.

Let's look at your issue of transportion. First the subway issue. Try to do a fesibility study and determine the costs to build it to start. They do not have the heavy equipment to dig a subway, let alone have the equipment to build one. Everything would have to be shipped in. What would they do with all the earth that is excavated? There is not really any spare land to dump it. What would happen to all the disruptions that would be needed. People's houses and businesses would have to be destroyed to construct it. On such a small island, where would they go?

As for the goverment running the buses, that's always a losing proposition. Do you think people would want to pay extra taxes to support it? Do you really think there is a need for that in the general populace? You read the Herald, has anyone ever raised that as an issue?

Now if the schedule was to support the tourtists, that is a different slant. However, that is not up to the goverment to finance. That is up to the restaurants in Grand Case, the Cheri's the night clubs. This is done in many popular tourist spots here in the U.S. We just came back from Alaska and anyone who wanted our money provided a shuttle. Sure that's a great idea, but talk to the businesses about it.

There is also another major obstical to both the subway and bus ideas. You do remember that the island is run by two countries. It would not be St Maarten and St Martin that would fund this, but it would be Holland and France. Otherwise a subway or bus that goes halfway and stops does not serve much purpose. That is a good chance why these are run by private ownership.

Now if you wish to discuss these issues further, it would be welcome. You offer some interesting and different viewpoints. No need to start degrading the posters or the island population like you have been.

P.S. The state that I live live has buses in it's capitol city. They stop running at 6 pm. We also have no subway. We draw plenty of tourists and nobody here is hsouting for either.

Date: September 22, 2003 04:25PM

I know that it's close to impossible to have subways on the island. In addition, St. Maarten has just recently lost some funding from the Netherlands Antilles. This now seems just as hopeless as the gay crisis and AIDS in the world. There are some things you have to tolerate. Just because they're that way doesn't mean they're right. You can't teach sheep to be attracted to men, or can you.

Date: September 22, 2003 04:45PM

I guess it depends on who is doing the tolerating. However, with your comments about the buses and after just taking this trip to Alaska, I'll bring up the idea of a shuttle to the President of the Grand Case restaurant association when I see him in November.

With the traffic on that raod and the parking issue, it would provide a good alternative. I know one of the issues would be that there is no central hotel district. The cost of going from place to place may not be worthwhile on their part, but it certainly could be a service that a hotel provides if it wants more business.

Date: September 22, 2003 04:54PM

Chas, are you Lyndon?

Posted by: KIPP n SLIPP (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 22, 2003 05:28PM

Let's stop this Nonsense....

We suggest all the regulars take up a collection for Lucy.....(we'd be willing to fork over $10)

We'll get her a ticket to NYC !!!!!

Plenty of Public Transportation, buses, subways, taxis. NYC Public Library is one of the best.....perhaps she'd like a Nathan's Hot Dog while researching why folks have to be buried above ground in St. Maarten.

How bout ticket to Coney Island, where she can munch on cotton candy while riding the ferris wheel and wondering why they don't have one on the Island ????????

Education ????? We can send Lucy down to the East Village and let her "educate" herself. Goodness forbid she meets up with a Bi-Female there. !!!!! LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Leave St. Maarten alone.....she has her own charm and regardless of the Lucy's in this troubled world.....lots of us like it.

DONT STOP THE CARNIVAL !!!!
KIPP n SLIPP

Date: September 22, 2003 05:39PM

Kipp, I'll take the $10. The subway ride is $2.00 each way. The cotton candy is $2.00. The Ferris Wheel went up to $6.00. You still owe me $2.00.

Are you renting me an apartment in the East Village? Don't talk empty talk. I'm waiting for this wonderful trip. Are you sure you can afford it?

I prefer US Air. AA lost my toothbrush and toothpaste when I came back from Disneyworld.

Date: September 22, 2003 05:42PM

Lucy, are you Amber? Ah, remember the good old days smiling smiley Too bad, you have lost.

Posted by: KIPP n SLIPP (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 22, 2003 05:55PM

I'll say one thing for you Lucy....you DO have a sense of Humor !!!!!

Please don't expect the Island of St. Maarten to be like the USA

KIPP

Date: September 22, 2003 06:00PM

I have lost what? A gay guy? Amber was Black? Did she know you were gay? How long have you been gay?

Kipp, you don't want to pay up, do you?

Posted by: Southman (---.spa.sc.charter.com)
Date: September 22, 2003 06:32PM

#1 Lucy is an idiot.
#2 I am not Gay...I am happily married with several girlfriends.
#3 I'll loan Kipp the $10 if he's a bit short if you promise to take the subway alone aroun 3am.

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |