The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: night life/getting around
Posted by: Lucy (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 21, 2003 12:28PM

As far as building something from scratch, it's hard if your family did not leave you land. St. Maarten/St. Martin is limited in its educational offerings. Transportation continues to be restrictive and lacking of organization. It's even difficult for someone to enjoy the nightlife, among other things, without a reliable and longer bus schedule.

Someone posted under Lucy on another board but it was not me. I think there is a general problem with men who demand lemonade on the same day they meet someone. The Caribbean men tend to be very fast and this probably reflects on their lack of good schooling. A good bus service is certainly needed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: beenthere (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 21, 2003 01:49PM

Oh Lucy, you are either young or naive. Men everywhere will try to get lemonade the first time they meet a woman if it look like the opportunity presents itself. It has nothing to do with schooling. Why do you think getting around for nightlife is such a problem for SXM denizens?

Posted by: Lucy (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 21, 2003 02:14PM

A good transportation system is useful for everybody. It is the Caribbean custom for men to have multiple lemonade partners even when they're married. This is the traditional behavior for them. It has something to do with the upbringing. They also tend to have children without marrying. There are many single women raising children alone. The men sometimes do but most of the time don't support the children. If this sounds like responsible behavior then it's yet another Caribbean concept to accept alongside the lack of reliable transportation.

Posted by: Helga (---.jersyc01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: September 21, 2003 02:21PM

Please - stop encouraging her!!!!

Helga

Posted by: Annie (---.frtprk01.fl.comcast.net)
Date: September 21, 2003 04:10PM

Helga...AMEN!!

Annie

Posted by: Keefus (---.aon.com)
Date: September 22, 2003 09:24AM

Annie, I think she is an unemployed bus driver looking for a job.........

Posted by: Annie (---.frtprk01.fl.comcast.net)
Date: September 22, 2003 10:00AM

Adele...or maybe a subway token collector!!! I've never heard so much nonesense before. Good for a few laughs. smiling smiley

Annie

Posted by: Southman (66.147.11.---)
Date: September 22, 2003 10:44AM

Lucy,

Last Tuesday my wife brought home a little Fox Terrier Puppy named Lucy. It pissed all over the floor just like you are pissing all over St. Martin. The little immature puppy has since left where it was not wanted....perhaps you should do the same!

Posted by: Gerry Brennen (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: September 22, 2003 12:12PM

Southman, I thought that Lucy brought up some fairly valid points (though she rambled a bit). If she peed on SXM a bit, that's her prerogative. That's what makes this board a little different.

Gerry

Posted by: Anonymouse (---.client.dsl.net)
Date: September 22, 2003 12:42PM

Gerry Brennen,

Good points? Like the subway on St. Martin? Like the lemonadeual habits of Caribbean men? Like the above ground cemeteries on St. Martin being pathetic? Methinks you should go back and read Lucy's comments from start to finish before you applaud her thoughts.

Posted by: Gerry Brennen (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: September 22, 2003 01:07PM

Ok Anonymouse, I'll go back and re-read Lucy's comments. I'll report back in 3 days if I determine that there are NO valid points.

Gerry

Date: September 22, 2003 01:15PM

Hey Gerry, Don't get all bent out of shape....Anon's contructive comments are only
his or her prerogative!!

Posted by: Lucy (207.159.196.---)
Date: September 22, 2003 02:18PM

Lucy is a popular name. Whoever named the puppy that name had good taste.
You can name your pet monkey Southman if you want. It can then pee all over the island if that's what you let it do. Many men on the French side already pee on the streets. They think it's more convenient than looking for a bathroom. If you don't believe me, ask them.

The transportation non-schedule may not be a concern to you since you drive. For those people who don't drive or are too young to, it is a daily necessity. Teenagers need to get around and should have available resources. Their parents can't drive them around everywhere and taxis are too expensive. There should be more libraries.

To be below sea level is to not be able to build subways. St. Maarten/St. Martin will never have that luxury no matter how much it develops. For those who don't want to see it developed, it can continue to be monotonous and limited. If that's what attracts you, you can also be without television and radio. Some people stay at Club Orient to be without these things. For those who still want these things, the back-to-basics people should not insult them. This shows a lack of character and mentality.

If this is an objective message board, then all the facts that I have presented should be dealt with, objectively. Belittling the messenger of bad tidings does not make the unhappy truths about the island go away.

Good Luck on the island!

Date: September 22, 2003 02:23PM

Lucy, I am not sure where you are from or what your education may be, but I have come to the conclusion that you are a complet idiot and that is my prerogative.

Posted by: MrsCraft (---.113.196.8.ts46v-16.otn-h2.ftwrth.tx.charter.co)
Date: September 22, 2003 02:44PM

LOL ...she..he..it...is just trying to keep things stirred up..Lucy is a joke...pissing a maoning about the way things are if fine...IF you plan on taking an active role in doing something about it!!!..If your just pissing and moaning to hear yourself speak...it's time to shut the ole pie hole! I suspect Lucy priority is to just stir the pot LOL

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |