gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Happy Birthday Canada
Posted by: double-D (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: July 01, 2008 07:50AM

Happy 141st Birthday to Canada.......

Oh and by the by....JD from the other place...is now promoting this site....he told me to go here!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Happy Birthday Canada
Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 01, 2008 08:41AM

Yes, Happy Birthday to all my Canadian Friends! Hope the celebrations are a blast!!!!

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: July 01, 2008 09:38AM

Happy Birthday to Canada!
What a great country!

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: contessa (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 01, 2008 12:56PM

HAPPY CANADA DAY to all my Canadian friends!!!smiling bouncing smiley

[en.wikipedia.org]

smileys with beer Contessa

BTW....Dan, I've heard that story before. I guess he doesn't like his job!!grinning smiley

Posted by: kish (---.86-131-66.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: July 01, 2008 01:52PM

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. Spending the day by the pool with family.

Maureen and Larry (Montreal)

Posted by: BIGDENX (---.53.8.67.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: July 01, 2008 04:36PM

Hey!

Here's a Canada Day joke for all the ex-pats and Canadian friends.

Off to the Maritimes tomorrow for a month. Hope the ice is out of the Kennebecasis!

The Canadian Ice Fisherman

A Canadian gets drunk and decides to go ice fishing. (This happens about as often as you would think, ie, all the darn time.) He takes his pole and tackle and goes out on the ice and starts to chop a hole in it. Suddenly he hears a great booming voice coming from above him.

"THERE'S NO FISH THERE."

Startled, the Canadian looks around but can't see where the voice came from. So he staggers a few metres away to a different spot, and again starts chopping a hole in the ice. And AGAIN, the voice booms out.

"THERE'S NO FISH THERE."

The Canadian is spooked, but we're a stubborn people. So he gathers up his gear and staggers to a third spot on the ice. He raises his ice axe, but before he can even start chopping he hears the voice again.

"THERE'S NO FISH THERE EITHER!".

The Canadian looks up and shouts "God? Is that you?"

"NO. THIS IS THE ARENA MANAGER."

Have a GREAT HOLIDAY WEEKEND!

Denis

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 01, 2008 04:48PM

OMG, Denis, what an incredible time of year to be spending vacation time in the maritimes. And a month, no less??!! Enjoy yourself and have a wonderful and safe trip.

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Date: July 01, 2008 06:00PM

denis
sounds wonderful!
I love it up there!
Have a great trip!

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 01, 2008 06:31PM

Very funny joke Denis! That actually put a smile on my face and I haven't had a smile on since Saturday morning! Thank you.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: BIGDENX (---.53.8.67.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: July 01, 2008 08:08PM

Hey!

Thanks Barb and Pat,

After SXM, the Caribbean and the plane pics, SEFRONIA, a 23 ft. Olympic Dolphin ( 1976) is my passion, along with the Kennebecasis River, in southern New Brunswick.

Denis

Date: July 01, 2008 09:09PM

wow, looks beautiful. My hubby just got back from 10 days fishing in Grand Lake Stream , Maine, near the Canadian border.
No TV, no phones, no internet.. Just trees, lakes, and fish.
sounds wonderful.
Hope you have as good a time as he did.

Posted by: kish (---.86-131-66.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: July 01, 2008 09:12PM

We will be in Oromocto on July 11th to visit our son who is in the military in Gagetown.

Posted by: kim (---.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com)
Date: July 01, 2008 09:28PM

I have a question for all you Canadians that spend time in the US. Daughter will be spending a little over 2 weeks outside of Montreal - Bromont, where the 1976 summer olympics were held (Equestrian Games). Does anyone know if Verizon Wireless works there? And if so, do you need to switch to include Canada or is it just the regular US plan? I really don't want a huge bill after her stay there, but Verizon isn't very helpful, they think her phone will be fine, because it close to the US???? I'm finding every person at their 800 number gives different answers!

Oh - and Happy Canada Day!

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 01, 2008 09:40PM

Will she have a laptop computer with her or access to a computer? If so, she and you should join Skype which is a free telephone service if both parties are Members. It's computer to computer or can also be computer to land/cell phone (that would cost a few pennies a minute) but the quality is like using a regular telephone. All you both would need are headphones with mics attached for computer to computer. I use it while on the island all the time and it works perfectly if you are wired directly to the service. WiFi can be too sporatic in quality to recommend. If you want to know more, let me know.

Vicki

[www.vrbo.com]

Posted by: kim (---.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com)
Date: July 01, 2008 09:46PM

thats the problem - not sure if the computer will work either?? im waiting to see if the hotel has wifi? I've used Skype before, mostly to talk to Irina when she was on the island. And it did work great, so that is an option. But I'm hoping the cell will work, just can't seem to get a consistant answer from Verizon.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |