The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Watercolours
Posted by: seamusoisin (---.home.cgocable.net)
Date: June 29, 2008 07:45AM

I would like to share some of my photoshop watercolours of St Martin, and I will post regularly like BigDenx does.I will post them 1074 x 768 which will be sufficent for most desktops. The first wc is of the bakery in the Pelican. Hope you enjoy. If anyone is interested in the technique and uses photoshop I would gladly send them the method.

I had the right to remain silent...but I didn't.

[burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Watercolours
Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 29, 2008 11:36AM

Thank you for sharing your "watercolor". I will look forward to seeing the rest of them as well! I am very familiar with PhotoShop and know that it can do amazing things. Some of the photos in my bedroom were watercolored and they look wonderful and so serene. I have also used Painter in the past and although they have basically the same features, Painter had additional neat things that PhotoShop does not have. Not sure if Painter is still around though. Haven't seen it advertised for years.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: June 29, 2008 11:40AM

wow!
that is a neat effect!
I really should learn how to use Photo shop

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Date: June 29, 2008 12:11PM

John Painter is still available version 10. Painter with two filters gives you a watercolour effect. I prefer Photoshop and I use the Art History brush for Painted Effect.

I am also trying to add colour to the postcards that TK has on his blog. like the picture below. It gives me the feeling that I am travelling in the past. Time Travel so to speak.

Here is one of Phillipe's postcards:

Please enjoy!

Date: June 29, 2008 02:16PM

Cool! Liked very much how you colorized it.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: jimandi (---.d01.scpeli.pbtcomm.net)
Date: July 01, 2008 09:50PM

This is absolutely wonderful. Thank you so much. Keep them coming

Posted by: kim (---.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com)
Date: July 01, 2008 09:52PM

what is photoshop? Another thing daughter has been talking about. Is it something you buy? She was recently at a horse show and we purchased a disk of all her pictures and she said she wanted to photoshop them?? I had no idea what that ment?

Date: July 02, 2008 06:02AM

Photoshop is a standard name in graphic design for web use, print layout, and more. Recognized world-wide as the industry-standard, Photoshop offers one of the most robust graphics editing experiences available. This is an Adobe program, very expensive, but they offer an abridged version which before you invest $1000 or so would be a great starting point. It's called Adobe Elements around $100 and sometimes with certain cameras for free.

The term that your daughter is refering to "photoshop" just means she wants to alter the photo. All photos that are published in media especially of women are altered. The reality is that there is no reality. Just go to You Tube and search for real beauty and you will get the idea. Photoshop was created to duplicate the darkroom but grew into something else once the digital age took off.

Check this site for an idea.

[www.digitalphotoshopretouching.com]

Date: July 02, 2008 07:21AM

I'd also like to add that I could not do without PhotoShop at my job and that having the knowledge of this program is essential if any child (or even adult)ever wants to go into the Desktop Publishing/Graphics field. Well worth the investment.

[www.vrbo.com]

Posted by: Amsterdam (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: July 06, 2008 05:32PM

Hello - I love the picture. You say it is the bakery at the pellican. I'm not familiar with it ............. what is it's location.

Thank you

Date: July 07, 2008 05:57AM

The bakery is opposite the piano bar. Nice bread, croissants, etc.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: July 07, 2008 08:17AM

I've seen that place and want to try it sometime.
I heard it is great!

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |