The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

The friendly island forum = Be friendly
Posted by: gert (Moderator)
Date: May 16, 2008 12:22AM

I am seeing a lot of new faces. That is great. A warm welcome to you all.

For your information, just like on TTOL, we do delete posts and close threads as well. We like friendly and constructive comments.

A simple guideline... If you don't think it is really appropriate for a six year old child to hear the kind of language in your post, you should think about rephrasing it in a more constructive and friendly way.

It might seem unfair, but really, we want this to be a friendly place which you enjoy visiting and where you want to be treated nicely and with respect. Also, your argument/rebuttal is way more powerful if you don't resort to silly name calling or otherwise non-intelligent remarks.

I used to have this phrase next to the 'Post Message' button "My comment is constructive and friendly" but it was lost during a recent upgrade. I have put it back, just something to think about before you click the 'Post message' button.

Enjoy!
Gert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2008 12:02PM by gert.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The friendly island forum
Posted by: annie (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: May 16, 2008 09:03AM

Gert, I am not a 'smiley' person but...>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley< to you!

Annie

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: May 16, 2008 09:26AM

Gert
I was looking for that comment..glad you put it back.

People, please read Gert's words.
We will keep this board friendly and constructive at all costs.
I see this as a place for friends to hang out and for all of us to share information with others so that we can all learn more about our favorite island.
I don't want to see any negatives posted publicly about TTOL either.
We are not here to cast dispersion..is that the right word?..on any other board.
Each board serves a purpose.
and to take that a bit further,, each of us serves a purpose too..We all have something to offer so I really don't want to see us attacking each other. We can disagree but we do so respectfully.
No personal insults allowed!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we all cooperate, we can make this a more lively board and a fun place to visit.
thanks

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 16, 2008 10:30AM

I think I'm going to really like it here!!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.50.78.208.dyn-ip.domaccess.com)
Date: May 16, 2008 10:52AM

And we will all be here to make sure it stay that way thumbs upwinking smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: OtherHalf (12.16.111.---)
Date: May 16, 2008 09:58PM

It is so wonderful to see this forum come back to it's first intent - info about SXM and it's people.

Initially, a forum was started (by Gert) for people concerned about the effects of Hurricane Luis and the Carib in general. SO many people were focused on SXM, that Gert spun off this forum concerned only with SXM. It's first intent, was knowing what happened after the storm, the island and it's people. Then how it is doing and then how to get from this place to the other and car rentals. Thirteen years of growth and info, both for the island and this board. Bashing, slashing and such - but still it remains as a REAL source of communication on the topic of a special island.

This board is special, Gert is special providing it, Barbara and Philippe are special giving up their time to monitor this board and keep it's intent run true.

Let's make it really hit that target.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2008 10:04PM by OtherHalf.

Re: The friendly island forum = Be friendly
Posted by: p1ayn (---.tampfl.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 20, 2008 10:12AM

Looking for PK are you there. Visiting with Family

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |