The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Sapphire Beach Club (assessment Issue)
Posted by: Louise (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 25, 2007 06:04PM

please, please, for all of you that own at Sapphire Beach Resort, please share the news with all other owners that there is a group seeking a class action suit against them regarding the assessment fee. Contact grhertzy@houston.rr.com if you want to be part of it and stop the island and the contractors from these unnecessary fees. We all know that we do not know where the monies are really going, so help us all out by participating and email Gerry with your information so that he can keep you updated with information regarding legal actions against Sapphire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sapphire Beach Club (assessment Issue)
Posted by: Gilli Axel (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 20, 2008 08:57AM

Hi,

Just came back from 10 days at Sapphire... We never received our bill for maintenance or SA.. Towards the end of our trip, we got two bills, one for maintenance and one for SA quietly slipped under our door.. When I tell you that flames were shooting out of my ears I am not kidding.. I marched right down to the office - which by the way if you have ever been there you could understand why records of maintenance fees getting lost happens so frequently - it was a mess -

They told me I had to speak to the manager, which I did promptly.. I told him - (don't remember the name, but he is short, has blond frosted hair and wears high heel cowboy boots) I refused to pay anything additional to our yearly maintenance fee/ I told him I refused to pay the special assessment and any additional extortion fees..I told him that I wanted a breakdown line per line where the dollars would be used for the special assessment.. He told me that perhaps then next year, they wouldn't allow me to come back to the hotel.. I had to use all of my patience not to reach across the desk and strangle him.. My daughter was with me, so I restrained myself.

Finally, I was able to speak to someone else a few days later and get them to remove the late charges for the maintenance fee (which has gone up nearly $100 since last year) - so I paid it.. She said she would call the collection agency and have them remove that delinquency.. But she told me she couldn't do anything about the special assessment.. I did not pay it, but I don't want to get harassed by a collection agency either.. At this point, I'd like to just sell our unit and be done with Sapphire.. The whole thing seems like a scam.. In the 10 years that we've been there, our maintenance fees never seem to maintain anything, yet the fees keep on rising.. SO why should I pay to upgrade a unit that has fallen into disrepair? Our contract doesn't state anything about having to pay to remodel.. I feel like we have been scammed. sad smiley

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |