gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Tow Truck Woes
Posted by: pat (99.129.102.---)
Date: February 02, 2008 01:09PM

irina,

Are you sure about that? I mean are you really, really, really sure? Now think about this.....

I mean, couldn't there really be a secret plot to scam unsuspecting parkers where bank employees, tow truck drivers and police are all in cahoots to bilk the average car parker by standing in front of or on top of the island 'no parking' signs and then laugh at them after the fact?

Thank you for saying what it was killing me not to say - and I agree completely. But now that it's been said, let me add, Luca needs to get a grip or get a life if this is the only thing in life she has to worry about.

I truly am sorry this happened to anyone but it truly is time to get over it and move on.

Respectfully,

pat
:-) :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: luca (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: February 02, 2008 02:02PM

see IRINA, Pat agrees with me!!! i have a grip on life and just trying to warning others!!!!

Posted by: Augie (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 02, 2008 02:26PM

Thanks luca. I needed a laugh. lol lol. Actualy; roflmao roflmao.
It's so good to know that I am not the only nut job on these bb's.

Augie;

I am an agnostic dyslexic who questions if there really is a dog.

Posted by: irina (---.z169-104-66.customer.algx.net)
Date: February 02, 2008 03:43PM

No Augie,
You are NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Right Pat?
LOL
cheers
irina

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 02, 2008 06:42PM

Joe, the buses run all the time during the day and even though they don't have a time schedule like in the States, there are tons of them riding around constantly. No sooner did I step out of my resort did 2 Philipsburg buses come down the street. The first one was full but stopped to tell me this and to tell me that the next bus was behind him. They would definitely stop in front of the Pelican to pick you up. Just look for signs in the front window that say Philipsburg. The buses I saw were white and not really buses but very large multi-seating vans but they may come in different colors as well...not sure.

Just stick your arm out if you see one coming and hope they are not full. We picked up people from the airport and along Simpson Bay so you shouldn't be concerned.

Upon your return from Philipsburg, stand on Back street near the center of town and look for buses that say Maho or Cupecoy. The further down you stand south of the center of town though, the easier to get better seats. I would also advise that you grab a bus before the rush hour starts. I left Maho at around 10:00 AM and left Philipsburg around 3:00 PM and had no trouble whatsoever.

Again I will say that it was just sooo easy and relaxing to do this. I went by myself and had a great time doing what I wanted, when I wanted without anyone in tow. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Just remember to tell the driver to stop the bus when you are ready to get off.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |