The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

DSMTSO - A Sham
Posted by: JDP (12.16.111.---)
Date: November 30, 2007 09:50PM

New buyers at Divi, already owning at Divi - stay away from this group. The 25 dollars a year will buy you nothing more that a cheap publication filled with platitudes.

Use your 25.00 on the departure fee or a great meal somewhere on the island. Keep your memory alive on the internet, not with these losers. They say they are independent from Divi - but - I'm sure they have benefited from Divi at the cost of their members.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DSMTSO - A Sham
Posted by: dlshaffer (---.dsl.customer-tol-oh.toast.net)
Date: December 01, 2007 01:26AM

What has been your experience with DSMTSO that would give you this negative opinion of them? Thank you.

Re: DSMTSO - A Sham
Posted by: JDP (12.16.111.---)
Date: December 01, 2007 09:03PM

My Experience with them and Divi, where can one even start.

We bought into Divi, we bought into DSMTSO, many years ago. I will only reference Divi as necessary, my opinion and your question relate to the Divi St. Martin Timeshare Owners Organization.

In February we were advised by Divi of a Special Assessment fee; paid over two years and equivalent to two years of maintenance fees. The Atrium and Sapphire owners were under the same gun. I felt that as part of an ORGANIZATION we had a lead on defending ourselves. However, in retrospect, this group only led everyone astray, holding the hands of the owners while they signed the check or lost their timeshare.

They knew 6 months before everyone was informed of the special assessment. Once announced, they dragged their feet to come forward with a statement. It's funny, the Atrium owner beat it with a certain attorney. Because DSMTSO DIDN'T ACT, they lost the chance of having her represent the group, because Divi had already hired her. Once the statement was made about contacting a lawyer and a statement was issued: "wait, don't sign paperwork", blah, blah blah. More false hope.

In the end, they couldn't do anything in a legal assault as it went against their by-laws; by-laws they knew from the start. Legal action was the only obvious recourse, proven by the Atrium and Sapphire owners. These by-laws were known to them all that time and since they couldn't take legal action why weren't they upfront with their members. We then could have had the time needed to take the necessary action.

The ORGANIZATION is a joke, padding the pockets of retired and retired wannabes - don't be taken that you you will feel part of anything but a group of people being scammed.

If someone out there feels they can prove me wrong, have at it.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |