The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Cottages de Lonvilliers
Posted by: Eva (---.st.northropgrumman.com)
Date: November 20, 2008 09:33PM

A question for anyone who seem is familiar with the Cottages. We are going there on Dec 20, 2008 for a week. I unsuccesfully tried to find a way to contact the hotel to get more info. Do you know how I can call them? Are guests still allowed to use swimming pool at the neighboring hotel (Le Meridien?)? Are beach towels provided? The hotel website says the office is open till noon only, so how do we check in when we arrive in the afternoon? This is very confusing and the website info is outdated and limited. Please, help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: November 21, 2008 07:38AM

Phone # (+) 590 590 87 44 65
Fax # (+) 590 590 87 44 97
Try this emails address : lonvilliers.stmartin@carib-hotels.com or
ansema@wanadoo.fr
good luck

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: jkaye (---.dsl.cavtel.net)
Date: November 21, 2008 11:25AM

THE LE MERIDIEN HOTEL IS NOW THE RADISON HOTEL OPENING UP DEC. 8TH. SO IT MIGHT BE DIFFRENT RULES NOW!!!!!

Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 21, 2008 12:14PM

EVA,You can rent chairs at the Le Domaine Hotel next to the Cottages.In Didier's office he has beach towels for the guests.If you purchase lunch at the Domaine plus drinks you should be able to use their chairs for free. I'm not sure about the pool but maybe if you ask.Hopefully the Radisson will be open and construction finished.If you arrive between 12:00 and 3:00 Didier will have your room key outside on his door. Park your car across the road in the lot after unloading your luggage.Don't worry Didier or someone else will be on site after 3:00 PM. Forgot to add a pool should be in their future since many of us voted for it.Plus if you need a hair dryer 220 volts ask Didier. He has transformers to lend too.We're looking forward to our annual Pres weeks trip and seeing the other regular visitors. Try to attend his weekly mgrs. party before heading out for dinner.There are several excellent restaurants at the Marina and on the Cul de Sac Rd.Try Ti Bouchen for dinner MOMO will make you very comfortable.You will also be close to the Pinel boat dock which is 5 minutes from your location.good luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2008 03:19PM by BobP.

Posted by: Johnnshell (---.central.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 21, 2008 02:56PM

We just stayed there at the end of Oct and we liked it. Definitely would stay there again. It is very quiet and relaxing. More like an apt than a resort. Very clean, hot/hot water and great pressure too. No problem with the late or Sunday check in. Deidre will make sure you can get in. Please let me know if you have other questions.

Michelle

Posted by: evathepol (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: November 22, 2008 07:59PM

Michelle, since you just recently stayed there your info is very current. As a guest at the Cottages did you have any privileges to use a swimming pool at the Radisson or any other hotel? Is the Radisson open yet?

Bob, thank you so much for all the helpful details. The property description says the units have hair dryers, but you mentioned I need to request if from Didier (the office/property mgr?). I certainly prefer not to take my own, since it would require a transformer. Is the welcome party on Saturday?
Are markets open on Sunday or should we get supplies/food on Sat on the way from the airport? Is there a market close by?
I see a lot of inputs from Philippe - great help! It sounds like he owns a restaurant there. What's the name of the restaurant and where is it located? We'll go there for sure :-)
Thanks again,
Eva

Date: November 23, 2008 01:44PM

Eva,Your welcome!Phillipe did own one but now manages Capt. Olivers a longtime Oyster Pond restaurant with his new Buffet style menu.Didier has hairdryers in his office if needed.We don't know very much about the Radisson because it has been under construction for a few yrs. The old LaHabitation hotel didn't mind if we used the pool but we don't know if the new mgr will permit us to use it.I'm guessing if your drinking/eating near the pool you shouldn't have a problem. I'm having trouble emailing Didier too but I will stop by to see him next week during our Nov/Dec trip.On the Cul de Sac rd is a corner food market and in GC the LeBounty Deli style food store.Also in GC there are other food stores.Of cource you can stop at the supermarket in Cole Bay just before the boarder to purchase the items you need. The cottages has new kitchens but they aren't large.I recall the mgr party is on Wed around 6:00.Have you stayed at the Cottages before?We usually take the Scoo Bee Too trips leaving from the marina during our vacations too.Didier can book the trips from his office if you like to try one.We love the hilltop entrance rd for great views of Anguilla, Orient, and St. Barths. If the rd becomes wet drive carefully otherwise its fine and well lit at night.Try Au Grain de Sel on the Cul de Sac rd for good food and prices.PM if you need additional info about the TS & area.

Posted by: dannan (---.bltmmd.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 28, 2008 08:07PM

i own week 6 at one of the cottages 15 units. the manager (didier) is very nice and easy going. he is very accomodating and friendly, and has become a very good friend. we get together with he and his girlfriend every time we go to the island. he has a party for everyone on monday night after they arrive at the resort. in the past he has helped us out with a car rental when ours died on us. he talked to the rental agency directly, and took care of everything. i've dealt with allot of people on the island since i bought my villa a couple of years ago. he has been the nicest one of all. dan.

Posted by: andreas acrivos (---.dsl.mindspring.com)
Date: December 06, 2008 04:34PM

I have tried repeatedly to reach Didier about my reservations by calling, from the US, 011-590-590-874465 and via email to ansema@wanadoo.fr but I have never received an answer. Pray tell me what is going on!

Posted by: evathepol (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: December 06, 2008 09:33PM

I have sent emails to the address provided by Philippe, but had no response either. I haven't tried calling, since Bob answered most of my questions smiling smiley. What is the currency situation? Both France and Netherlands converted to Euro - is it the same on the island? I read that most places accept dollars, but what would you recommend? What is easier or more economical? I'm leaving on the 19th... can't wait - my first time to St.Martin!!!!
Eva

Date: December 07, 2008 08:19PM

The Radisson should be open this week but IMO its not ready to handle a lot of guests.Still way to much work is needed to complete the hotel renovation.I saw Didier a few days ago and told him to check this forum because members were trying to contact him.The Cottages charges in EURO'S but U S Dollars will be fine everywhere.You may call him and leave messages on his recorder too. good luck.

Posted by: Elaine (200.7.55.---)
Date: December 08, 2008 07:21AM

Hey Bob - YOU MADE IT!

Date: December 08, 2008 08:36AM

Elaine, Yes, the snow didn't interfear and the return flight was another fast early arrival at JFK.As usual we had the two screaming babies/kids seated next to us.Every trip we manage to be seated next to the crying screaming kids and can't sleep or relax like other passangers.We had a nice time with great weather too.Hopefully we'll see both of you soon on D island.What the h#$$ are you doing on these forums when the island has so much to offer and you have a wonderful condo to enjoy. HaHa. Tell Bill I'll bring the right tool with me we will need and too stay home.See ya.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: December 08, 2008 08:52AM

welcome home!
where is the trip report? smiling smiley

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: Elaine (200.7.55.---)
Date: December 08, 2008 11:10AM

Bob - it's 7:30 in the am. WEhat else am I going to do?

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |