- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Cottages de Lonvilliers
Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 08, 2008 02:24PM

Barbara,Thanks and we had a nice trip and as you know the weather was wonderful.We returned to freezing cold weather last night so I am getting used to the cold again.We really enjoyed meeting you and I'll be checking to see if I can locate more pictures.As you know I have many pictures but they include people in them.I'll check for ones that only show areas......As for a report I'll say the island had less tourists this time period and traffic was still a problem.The weather was perfect and we met a few new couples visiting for the first time.We weren't victimized by the crimewave unless we recieve a cc charge on our statement we didn't make. Our accomodations weren't as nice as we expected them to be. Neil's boat trip was another fun experience and no waiting time at any restaurants where we had dinner. Didn't have enough time to check Philippe's buffet but will when we return.Since we stayed on the Dutch side near Mullet the bridge openings were a huge problem for us.Our plans were limited by the 1 hr ++ traveling in stop and go traffic from the bridge.I was told the Green House is moving because of the traffic problem leading to town. ( smart move)Checked new locations & beach bars and enjoyed ourselves in the process.Our meeting was the best part of my trip and of cource we will be back again soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2008 08:36PM by BobP.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: evathepol (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: December 14, 2008 10:25PM

Bob,
Everyone tells me not to worry, Didier will make sure we get in when we get there etc... You said that he would leave a key on his door for me if I were to arrive during the time when the office is closed, but, how do I call him to let him know we arrive early? I don't want to sit in front of the office with my luggage and wait for him 3-4 hrs! This is unacceptable that the Cottages don't have an office with a phone number to contact them. I would have never booked this place if I knew they were so unprofessional.

Date: December 15, 2008 05:08PM

EVA, Chill, thousands of tourists have stayed there without problems. He is only out of the office between 12 & 3:00 like most French side operations.The Cottages has the office in the complex. You have to pass it each time you enter or leave.He knows of your reservation and he will leave your key and unit # on his office door. What more do you require!!!!!If you arrive early or late you will meet him. Plus the owners rep. has his office next to Didier and lives in one of the units. I stopped by to see him last week about our Feb trip there and told him people were trying to call. Stop worrying and enjoy your trip.good luck. P.S. The Cottages is not unprofessional and if your not comfortable cancel. What do you need to know that someone here can't help you with.If you decide to stay at the Cottages let us know how you made out when you return.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2008 05:33PM by BobP.

Royal Palm Flamingo maintaince increase
Posted by: carolyn sherman (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 24, 2008 01:44PM

Hi Barbara:

By this time you may have gotten the outrageous Maintenance Bill from Diamond Resorts. Everyone here is livid.

Because I was involved with a similar situation at the Atrium where we got an injunction from the SXM courts they unfortunately want me to be the point-person. I am trying however to keep a low profile. I have pasted below some information so you know what is going on:

I met with the attorney this morning who represents both Atrium and Sapphire timeshare owners. Their offices will be closed now until Jan. 6th but she was kind enough to see me this morning at 9.

There was a general meeting yesterday called by Marcel wherein he presented the 2009 budget and conveyed the justifications for the increase. After about an hour many if not all of the owners present put their name on “the list”. It was only because of this fact that I agreed to meet with the lawyer.

The attorney believes that the contracts provide that the increase be no greater than the Neth. Antilles CPI which was 4%.

Only after reviewing multiple contracts will she provide an opinion.

We also believe that the owners that paid very low prices for their weeks at other times of the year will not pay the $1182.42 and default on their units resulting in Diamond getting them back to sell. In other words they will probably never achieve their intended maintenance fee target. BTW, Diamond added nearly $1,000,000 in Management and Support Fees to this year’s budget.

We were also told that the so-called Reserve Account ($180 in 2008 and $230 in 2009) has been used to repay the developer for “loans” no details were provided. Monique will be requesting copies of loan-documents and the authority to use a Reserve Account for such purposes/

She is emailing me later today a letter that states that under Netherlands Antilles law, if you do not join as a petitioner against the resort you do not get the benefit of the settlement. In order to be fair to the owners I have calculated that the legal fees necessary to initially support this and create a small reserve will be $50 per week owned.

Checks are to be made out to:

Bermon Law Office

We will be represented by: Monique m. Hofman

The address of the law firm is:

Frontstreet 6, Suite 3

Philipsburg,

Sint Maarten

Netherlands Antilles

If you want to make a bank transfer:

Send to JPMorgan Chase Bank

Fed Wire ABA 021 000021

For Onward credit to:

Scotiabank St, Maarten

Philipsburg, St. Maarten, N.A.

Acct # 001058925

For credit to:

BERMON LAWOFFICE & LEGISLATIVE SERVICES

Acct. # 001000843

I asked what we are to pay. Subject to the review of contracts which will be done prior to the Jan. 15th due date she suggests it be last year’s maintenance of $708/wk + 4% (the Netherlands Antilles CPI).

This will be confirmed. Please allow emails form diamond-litigation@conet.net

I have asked that an email account be established here and a general website where current information will be posted. When I get that information I will let you know, as I want to step out of the limelight and let Monique handle this.

Regards,

Steve

Posted by: LisaQ (---.PHNX.QWEST.NET)
Date: January 05, 2009 12:27AM

I am staying at the cottages in February 2009. I'm a little concerned about the mixed reviews, as I have never been to St. Martin and expected better reviews from a "Gold Crown" resort. I DO want to rent a car. Is this something you recommend I do at the airport OR is this something I can arrange nearby the property? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: January 05, 2009 06:26AM

IMO, this is something I think, you should arrange prior departure(arrival) to have a car to be piked up by the Airport... It will save you the Taxi Fare from the airport to Anse Marcel, (and back), and it will be easier for you to just dive back to the airport on your day of departure to give back te car and check in.
But it's just my opinion, and I don't know what worth it is since I live on the island and do not rent cars.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: January 05, 2009 11:05AM

LisaQ, We'll be staying their during the last two wks of Feb as usual.IMO, since its your first time to SXM wait till you arrive at the Cottages to rent a car.You may find the traffic & rds difficult as a first time visitor. Didier(mgr) can provide this service for you.What do you need to know.The Cottages are located next to the Domaine & Radisson hotels in Anse Marcel.Its a small 15 unit complex so its not a large TS/hotel type operation.The units are 2 levels and have nice furnishings with a small kitchen and 2 bathrooms.The complex is minutes from our favorite beaches & Grand Case.Orient is less than 10 minutes away. Pinel is 5 minutes away and you'll be walking distance to Anse Marcel Beach.We've stayed in Anse Marcel since 86 and love the secluded well maintained area and beach.Everything on the French side is minutes from your location.You can send me a PM if you like more info. Maybe we'll see you you there.good luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 11:59AM by BobP.

Posted by: Don & Jill (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 21, 2009 07:17AM

Have a wonderful time on SXM. We are timeshare owners at the Cottages and love the place, the area, and Didier & Laurence! Rent a car, stop at the Food Mart just outside the airport (go left toward Cupecoy) to pick up a few groceries, and head toward Anse Marcel through Marigot. It may be the longer way around, but it gives you the chance to see the beauty of the island and sea. Traffic can get a little congested through Marigot, but patience will produce results.

The Cottages are quaint and remind me of the French countryside. They are within walking distance of the small, protected beach there, but if you are looking for bigger crowds then go to Orient Beach. Now that the Radisson is open you may be able to use their pool unless the pool has been constructed at the Cottages (Didier's plans).

There is a wonderful French restaurant at the Marina, which I would highly recommend. The cuisine and ambiance are outstanding!

Have a terrific time and enjoy the island! We'll be there in June '09.

Hutch and Jill

Date: January 21, 2009 09:43PM

Checking if anyone else will be there during the last 2 wks during Pres wks Feb.

Posted by: Elaine (200.7.51.---)
Date: January 22, 2009 08:50AM

We're here waiting for you Bob >grinning smiley<

Date: January 22, 2009 04:12PM

Thanks for the warning. Looking forward to staying on the FRENCH side again.See ya soon.

Posted by: Max P (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: February 15, 2009 12:38PM

We are booked in the Cottages in June of this year (09). Please advise if you have been there in late 2008.

Thanks,

Max

Posted by: Charlie Krowicki (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 15, 2009 04:54PM

My wife and I will be arriving on 3/21/09. Can we rent a car on site or do we have to find a rental agency? Can we use the pool at the Radison? Your help will be appreciated.
Thank you,
Charlie

Posted by: Mar (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 01, 2009 11:41AM

We are planning to stay at Cottages de Lonvilliers in December. Has anyone been there since the Radisson opened and do you know if you can use the pool there?

I stayed at the Cottages years ago with my daughter and we absolutely loved but having the use of the pool at the Meridian was very nice.

Thanks,

Mar

Date: March 02, 2009 11:39AM

We stayed at the Cottages during Pres week and had lunch at the pool bar.I'm guessing if you purchase drinks or food by the pool you may be able to use it.The Domaine also has a pool & beach.Cars can be rented at all the hotels in Anse Marcel.Maybe 10 months from now when you arrive they might have a deal.Ask Didier if guests are allowed................ Looking to sell my wk #7 if interested PM.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2009 04:26PM by BobP.

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |