The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Saphhire Beach Club Fee's
Posted by: Debra (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: October 15, 2006 04:25PM

What was your bill for? Our was for $5,810 and we own only one week? Have you paid yours? It is not in our contract -- how is this legal?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cupecoy1994 (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: October 17, 2006 07:44PM

Debra,
We own 3 weeks at $630 a pop!!! I've heard things in the past that all previouys fee's went to building a new resort in BF Egypt?? Don't know the truth but its probably accurate

Posted by: Rowboat (---.tampfl.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 21, 2006 08:18PM

Saphhire owers, would one of you pelease fax or email me a copy of your terms and conditions. At the Atrium ours seems to be written in our favor when it comes to these bogus assessments, but one never knows.

We seem to have a group from the Atrium willing to litigate this issue of the Assessment and the 10% increase in maintenance fees. We would like to gather as much information as we can form others though.

Appreciate the help.

Rowiep@aol.com or 941-360-0701 Fax

Posted by: SXMaholic (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 24, 2006 05:50AM

Just received our 'assessment'. It came in a plain white envelope, no return address or indication it was from Sapphire. Could have been junk mail for all we knew. Postmark from Puerto Rico as presorted standard mail. It could have easily been mistaken for our 'annual maintenance bill' except for the top heading saying it was the 'assessment'.

Posted by: Karen (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: October 26, 2006 02:59PM

I received by assessment on Oct 16 & I own 2 weeks at Sapphire. The assessment for one of my weeks is incorrect according to the chart. I have a one bedroom week 40 in the 3rd bldg. and the assessment is $917 on my bill which that amount is for a villa or 2 bedroom I think it should be $786 but if I can not speak to anyone how can this be resolved. I have sent emails & called & am unable to speak to anyone regarding this.

Posted by: Susie (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 26, 2006 10:32PM

You're right - looked at my chart too. The most you would have to pay is $786. I'd send them that with a note/letter saying that you were overcharged. Look at the lady who was charged $5200 for 1 week - big mistake by Sapphire. Also, keep a copy of your cancelled check just in case there's a problem.

Susie

Date: October 27, 2006 05:58AM

Definitely keep copies of ALL correspondence to the Sapphire. They also have a habit of saying you didn't pay your Annual Maintenance Fee from 4-5 yrs ago and you have to prove it. They're a bunch of 'weasels'.

Posted by: brian (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: November 02, 2006 04:59PM

Re Sapphire .Am I correct that if you don't pay your yearly fees , you can't bank your weeks with Rci. Which in turn means you can't trade to another Rci resort . This may also include surcharge whIch I have yet to receive .Is everyone staying home ths year ? I would like to trade but it means you have to pay !

Any thoughts....

Posted by: Brian (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: November 08, 2006 12:40PM

Well it is Nov 8 and I just received that large white envelop containing the Sapphire extra billings for renovations .....So much for the payment date of Oct 14 2006 ...

As stated earlier unless you are up to date on your yearly club fees you can't bank or trade with Rci .
Sapphire holds all the cards in this game !

Date: November 08, 2006 02:36PM

We banked our 2 weeks (49/50) with RCI about 2 wks ago. They advised us that they will notify us if we are in arrears with our maintenance fees. We haven't heard anything from RCI as of yet regarding any 'late' fees. So maybe they don't even know about the 'special assessment' or aren't including it when they check.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |