- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Mullet Bay
Posted by: kim (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 28, 2006 06:17PM

David - I tried this about a year ago and only got about 4 responses, needless to say, MSN shut it down because of inactivity! Can you say what your concerns are? We were down in November and didn't see any change good or bad since April.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 28, 2006 06:46PM

David,

Wow! Four weeks....you're probably in a better position than many to get a real good feel for what's happening down there. We are Charter Owners but only have two weeks which we'll be using very soon but if you wanted to send me a private message I'd love to hear what you saw that might or might not concern you.

By the way, we would also love to see an owner's site developed but unfortunately, the management will not help at all and like Kim, we've seen folks with good intentions try to get one started but it never goes too far because you really do need a little help from management, IMHO. Have you ever looked at the Royal Islander Owner's Association website? It's really pretty awesome - www.royal-islanders.org - is I think the correct address.

Anyway, if you feel like it, please feel free to send me a private message here on the forum.

Thanks in advance,

pat

Posted by: spike (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 28, 2006 07:54PM

Concerns ref: The Towers? I have many. spike.

Posted by: Cupecoy94 (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 01, 2006 06:41AM

Devra,
Never walk the Mullet Bay area at night. I understand there was a rape and possibly a murder there last year (not sure about the murder). A woman was followed from town and forced off the road in her car, watch your surroundings in that area.

Posted by: Willard (---.nas8.tucson1.az.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: April 15, 2006 09:50AM

Does any one by chance have the web/email address for the Mullet Bay Homeowners Association?? Have not heard from them since the last homeowners meeting in Newark. Cant find an email address and haven't been billed for 2005 dues. If you have info would appreciate it. ALso, any update information on lawsuite v. Ansawri(sp) would be appreciated. Thank you

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: April 15, 2006 09:58AM

It was reported in The Daily Herald this mrning that
apartment owners win case against Foundation for Protection of Tourist Inveastment....
the Judge ruled in favor of 9 apartment owners.
the case dealt with property rights of Building 90.
FPTI has to cooperate in re-construction of unit 90 and in splitting apartment rights of that building.
daily penalties will be incurred in case of non compliance.

Posted by: Colin (---.134.227-4.clta.globetrotter.net)
Date: April 27, 2006 03:56PM

Where is Building 90?
Is it one of the buildings at the end of Mullet Bay controlled by Mr. Ansari?
If so why would the judgment come out for one building only?
Thanks for your anticipated reply.

Posted by: kim (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 27, 2006 04:16PM

funny story - overheard some chatter on the beach, and one couple was telling another couple - see those foundations, there used to be a fort there, I think Fort Louis (Luis)! Now, I don't know if they were dead serious and thought that was where the fort was that is in Marigot, or were joking because Luis is what wiped it out!

But - to answer your question, to get to building 90 you would have taken the road directly across from the entrance to The Towers, (there was a guard shack there) and then followed it up and the building was high on a cliff on the water, the old restuarant Little Ocean Reef would have been down the beach on the left. Wish I had a picture but if you are standing on the beach facing the water, its on the right up on the bluff? just a small foundation left

Posted by: spike (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 30, 2006 03:05PM

In my opinion, writers are striking far too much fear into first time visitors. The common theme is "commom sense"...100% valid...use it. About the drive from Maho thru what was the Mullet Bay Resort to get to the Towers...is is NOT threatening nor something to lose sleep over. Its about a 2 minute and curvy drive with multiple "speed bumps" with some street lighting. Most of the remains of MB Resort are near 100% overgrown with vegetation resulting in far less of an "eyesore" as in years past. In fact, we own on the 7th floor @ The Towers, with a north to east to south view and we really have to look hard to see any of what once was MB Resort. About the road...no road, at night, on SXM or in the USA, the UK or wherever can be safe from the idiot or 2 that want to make it dangerous and make you a target. About the Towers...it is gated and guarded and stands tall amongst the Mullet "ruins"...the brutal storm that destroyed MB had no impact on it. Go and have fun...use common sense...that is, be cautious but not afraid. As I step off my soapbox...I think I'll blend a Guavaberry Colada...gets me mentally charged for our annual December trip !!!!

Posted by: KWigor (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 02, 2006 03:43PM

Barbara 1,

Mullet Bay owner since 1986! Your's is the first news I've seen concerning the Resort in the past year. Do you have any additional information, or was there any further reporting on this issue?

Thanking you for posting this, and for any additional information you might have.

Date: May 02, 2006 05:11PM

I am sorry but I don't know any other details.
Building 90 was the large building on the cliff to the right of the Mullet Bay Beach.
It was a separate lawsuit apparently.
the newspaper article indicated that the ruling might open some doors for a favorable ruling for other owners, but I guess no one knows for sure at this point.

Posted by: ponko pivovar (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 02, 2006 08:38PM

Hi Jane:

I stay at the towers and have a time share there, I think the reason you pay so much to play golf is you have to be a charter member which I am because I bought the unit the year before it was built and it only cost me 27.00 dollars to play.
Ponko

Posted by: ssekajo (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 18, 2006 03:17PM

We returned from a visit to St. Martin in March. This was the first time I've seen MB in ten years, and the condition of the housing area was horrifying. It looked like a bombed out war zone. We swam on the beach ( beach is still nice but different) and had no problems, but I would not advise being there after dark.

My parents owned a MB condo from the 1980's. MB will never be the same, we all have to move on. We were glad to see the new developments in Phillipsburg; now it's time to get MB rehabilitated. The only settlement so far is with Bldg. 90. The other owners are in the process of considering a settlement out of court.

Date: May 18, 2006 05:50PM

someone just posted on TTOL that a reasonable settlement has been offered the owners if all agree.
they have to reply by 6/1/06.
Let's hope that can happen!

Posted by: Justine (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 22, 2006 01:57PM

Hi Barbara,

I found this site through Google. My parents are very distressed about the Mullet Bay settlement. They received the leter from the Association but it appears to contradict the release, especially as to legal fees and the remaining amount. The last thing my parents want to do is sell the property and end up with less than they purchased it for back in the early 90s. On the other hand, if they refuse to sign the settlement, they will receive nothing. Do you know if other homeowners will be signing the release or is there a group of homeowner's who may not be signing? Does anybody else who reads this forum know anything about this settlement and if so, is signing it the right thing to do considering all the circumstances? Please help..June 1st is quickly approaching.

Thank you.
Justine

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |