- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: jewlery
Posted by: bobbo (207.218.145.---)
Date: April 02, 2006 03:09PM

hiro at little europe..have been going there since '87 and would go to noone else..if he doesn't have what you want he will get it for you..near mcdonald's on front street

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kylake (65.183.104.---)
Date: April 02, 2006 03:15PM

DK Gems and Depti get my vote. Also Raj at DK. We just upgraded a diamond braclets and got full return value from the old braclet bought 2 years ago.

We did a really good deal on a watch at Royal Caribbean

just my 2 cents

Posted by: bettenan (170.97.67.---)
Date: April 04, 2006 09:40AM

another vote for Hiro at Little Europe.

Posted by: judy (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 06, 2006 03:29PM

I like Royal Caribbean for watches also little Europe and Majesty jewlers.

I have bought from Sam.

Posted by: Ashley (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 13, 2006 08:31PM

Im going to be in st.maarten tomorrow after noon, im looking for some stuff to bring home to my Fiance and friends, whats a good place to shop??? i dont want to go into phillipsburg , no parking there and i have a bad knee

Posted by: Robert17 (208.250.82.---)
Date: April 18, 2006 05:28PM

Jewels by Love in Marigot. Throughly professional, knowledgeable, friendly. Exactly how one wishes to be treated.

Posted by: mlr (---.sbtnvt.adelphia.net)
Date: May 21, 2006 08:37PM

I bought a ring from Ray's in March 2006. It was defective. Since we were land-based visitors I went back with it. They said they would fix it. They were unable to make repairs before we left. They asked if I'd leave the ring, they'd fix it and mail it back to me in the states. It is now May and I have not seen the ring. We emailed back and forth for a while but when I said it was time for a refund as I'd waited too long the emails stopped. I have not heard from anyone at Ray's nor have I gotten my money back. I am VERY DISAPPOINTED in Ray's. I too thought they were a great place - not anymore. Buyer beware. mlr

Posted by: JerryA (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: May 29, 2006 12:51PM

Debbie and I have been going to Touch of Gold on Front Street for about 15 years and have bought many pieces and have ALWAYS been thrilled with our purchases and our service. They have also treated everyone very well who we sent there. Please tell Heeru that we said hello and they will treat you as you wish to be treated.

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 29, 2006 01:42PM

mlr,

Just out of curiosity, didn't you post on TTOL or one of the other forums that this problem had been resolved? Or am I possibly thinking of another jewelry question?

I hate to see a post for any local business end on a negative note, particularly when there was a problem and it was actually handled as it should have been, even if done on island time - and we all know what that can be.

And no, before anyone asks, I neither know or do business with the store in question. I've used my own favorite island jeweler for 23 years now and have no reason to change but I just don't want to see any good business get hurt needlessly.

pat

Posted by: maryann (---.verizon.com)
Date: May 30, 2006 03:35PM

I have been doing business with Ballerina on Front St. (next to the Court House) for several years...no problems with anything. High quality and good service. I normally deal with Michael there. They have a nice selection of jewels, watches and gold.

I also purchase from Royal Caribbean Jewelers (Deepak and Kavina). Royal Caribbean has several stores one in Philipsburg, a new one at at Sapphire Beach Club and one at the Flamingo Resort. Great for those who are tired of the Philipsburg traffic.

I am completely satisfied with the quality and prices at both jewelers.

Ballerina and Royal Caribbean both do upgrades...a great way to get something bigger and better on your next tripsmiling smiley))

Posted by: steeler fan (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: June 06, 2006 11:40AM

My husband and I have been very pleased with Caribbean Gems (the original store on Front Street). We have done business with Rajesh and have been satisfied with the quality and prices.

I would highly recommend them.

Posted by: Surresh (---.tstt.net.tt)
Date: May 07, 2007 08:33AM

Been visiting SXM regularly for the past 4 years so I have a good idea how the stores work.
Sincerest appreciation to Raj at Ballerina's....went all out to help up get our stuff.

Best regards
Surresh

Posted by: Gov (---.mercermc.com)
Date: May 07, 2007 10:44AM

kylake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DK Gems and Depti get my vote. Also Raj at DK. We
> just upgraded a diamond braclets and got full
> return value from the old braclet bought 2 years
> ago.
>
> We did a really good deal on a watch at Royal
> Caribbean
>
> just my 2 cents

Gold has gone up as well as diamonds should appreciate. Maybe you didn't get such a good after all.

Posted by: sen (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: May 07, 2007 09:26PM

Please do not post opinions that are nothing but speculation. Your lack of knowledge in this area is shamefull. I beg to differ, I think he made a great deal.

Sen

Posted by: Marguerite (---.gtwy.uscourts.gov)
Date: May 09, 2007 11:31AM

absolutely Hiro at Little Europe and Mike at Little Switzerland for watches - these are 2 reputable stores that won't rip you off

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |