The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Safest time to go t Le Taitu?
Posted by: Tex (---.static.as29550.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 07:44PM

So, when are the school buses done with their route in Cul de Sac?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Safest time to go t Le Taitu?
Posted by: jimandi (---.pbtcomm.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 08:23PM

Do you even know where Cul De Sac is? I bet you have had dinner there many times. But at any rate, I have a relative that lives there and if you give me your cell number, he can call you when de bus has passed.

Posted by: jimandi (---.pbtcomm.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 08:39PM

A positive post. Excert from a journal written about and for my children called 'Far and Away is Home'.

One beautiful morning Andy and I were busy weeding the tiny garden by the back walk when Andy said “Look Mom, there is something floating on the sea.’ Looking past the point I was what he was looking at. It was a small black dot on the horizon. We spent most of the morning just watching what ever it was float closer and closer. About four in the afternoon it was close enough to the cliffs for us to swim out and retrieve. We laughed, as we swam, neither of us afraid of the sea or the distance from shore that we had to go. Once we arrived at the mystery item, we were excited to see that it was a wonderful wooden keg with brass rings that bound it together. We took more than half and hour to reach the shore and once upon the sand we sat in total amazement at the treasure we had dragged from the sea. We could hardly wait for everyone to come home so that we could show them. The keg had to be hundreds of years old and it was a treasure Andy and I had saved from the sea.

We took our find up to the house and proudly placed it beside the front door. How pretty it looked there. Tomorrow we would ask Kelly, a local that knew all about everything, just what this was.

Early next morning we were awakened by the maintenance crew coming for the weekly pickup of garbage. It was nothing out of the normal. They came the same time each week. Andy came screaming through the house. That wonderful barrel was being carted away on the trash truck. We ran down the sandy road, we even cut across our neighbors propeties in hopes of cutting them off before they were able to reach the main road. In the end we watched our treasure disappear up over the rise, proudly sitting on the back of a garbage truck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2010 09:00PM by jimandi.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: January 31, 2010 10:22PM

tex is obviously trying to instigate so i am going to close this thread.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |