Date: August 26, 2009 12:37PM

Ok, Philippe. where exactly is this?
I swear I have never seen it

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Terres Basses
Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: August 26, 2009 01:04PM

It,s on Plum Bay... just before the public access we were talking about. The sandy public road go through in between the Owner's quarter and the staff's Quarter, and that's the only area of that road which "paved"...
If you want to taje a ride someday, you go to the French lowland, you make a left like you were going down to La Samana, you pass the entrance of La Samana and you continue straight on the sandy road along Bay Longue, then the road make a curve on the right to continue along Plum Bay, you stay on and you will obligatory pass through this property...

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: irina (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 26, 2009 01:18PM

Hey,
I'll show you when I come down. It's awesome.
LOL
i

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 26, 2009 02:40PM

irina Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey,
> I'll show you when I come down. It's awesome.
> LOL
> i

And that would be when, Irina?

Posted by: irinaleibo (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 26, 2009 03:52PM

November is the plan. Early, first week.
It's a National Holiday on SXM that I want to be on
island for.
XXX
i

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 26, 2009 05:39PM

Not 100% certain on this, i, but I think k&k (without kids) will be heading down the early part of November. We're there the day after Thanksgiving into early December so sounds like we'll miss you. Would have loved to see you again.

Respectfully,

pat

Posted by: jaybee (---.neoplus.adsl.tpnet.pl)
Date: September 06, 2009 05:20AM

The access to Plum Beach is not that easy to find although it looks so obvious on Google maps. Confusion arises when you reach crossroads with Rue Morrelion which looks like the right direction to turn but instead you should proceed further with a sandy road. I made a few circles in my car before I finally found this narrow passage to the beach.
Long beach, on the contrary, was easier to find the access to, but was a big dissapointment. Invintingly empty all the way to La Samana but ocean inaccessible due to harsh, rocky surface and waves. Maybe it was low tide that day ;-). Anyway I never took the trouble of returning and stuck to Baie Rouge with its beautiful sand.
I stayed nearby at Nettle Bay where I rented a condo from its French owner. Quiet, clean area with 3 private swimming pools (private in the sense that we had them to ourselves as nobody else used them, somehow). Close to Mario's Bistro, US Import Store and Marigot. On the other hand, it was just a few minutes' ride to famous Maho Beach with 747 overflying you at the distance of 30-40 meters. Mecca for aviation lovers.

By the way, what happened to Sunset Beach Bar at Maho? I just learnt it was closed 2008.Does anyone know the story behind it? I know the owner was kinda strange person & had issues with authorities...

--
jaybee

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 06, 2009 07:54AM

I will tell you what I read but that never means it's true...

Sunset Beach was closed down unexpectedly due to money issues with the government. The owner was forced to close and sell the place which is now Sunset Bar & Grill. The place is pretty much the same in style and offerings. Rumor had it that the previous owner was to open a new bar and once again call it Sunset Beach Bar (that was a while ago) but at this time, there is not one iota of information that this would be happening.

The whole thing that can make or break a place is primarily location, location, location and so personally, I prefer the Driftwood which is just on the other side of Sunset Bar. A more relaxing, less touristy place with much better drinks at a lower price and the exact same view.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: jaybee (---.neoplus.adsl.tpnet.pl)
Date: September 06, 2009 08:35AM

John, thanks.
What I liked at SSBB was the sound from control tower of the airport. Driftwood doesn't have it ;-)

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 06, 2009 08:39AM

No Driftwood doesn't but the sunset bar and grill still does according to a trip report I recently read.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |