here,

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Terres Basses
Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 24, 2009 08:08AM

Oh my....I was extremely far off. Thanks Philippe for showing me the exact section.

And NOW I know what you meant by the Tennis Courts and large pool....could that tennis court get any bigger????

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2009 08:11AM by John.

Date: August 24, 2009 08:26AM

Philippe...after studying Google Earth, would it be easier to travel the paved lowlands route and turn off just before Villa Tourquoise (seen on the Google Earth SXM Tour map) and travel that main road all the way to the beach? I would like to avoid any sandy roads if possible. I guess it's paranoia that has set in after last year's problem getting stuck in the sand at Mullet that I would like to avoid as well as any very bumpy roads.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: _bruce (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: August 24, 2009 10:48AM

Vicki: Sorry, I am not registered on this site to get PMs (although there are some other Bruces around, I am sure). As Philippe mentioned, the overhead shot you posted is Long Bay, you need to keep going down the road (north-west) to get to Plum Bay. When the road starts to climb a hill, back up about 50 meters.

Date: August 24, 2009 11:07AM

So sorry " _Bruce" ....I thought you were ".Bruce"

smiling smiley

[www.vrbo.com]

Posted by: Elaine (200.7.59.---)
Date: August 25, 2009 06:59AM

Be very careful over on Baie Longue. I have personally met 3 people who have had either belongings or their car stolen in the last month.

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 25, 2009 07:31AM

Thanks Elaine. I have considered that as well since it is so desolate and so if we do go, we'll make sure to not bring anything of value.

[www.vrbo.com]

Posted by: irina (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 25, 2009 02:58PM

There used to be a little sentry shack that we used to mark the turn off the main road.
Philippe or Barbara, whose enormous property is that that spans across the road, right before the access to Plum Bay? The one with the pavers.............
thanks
i

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: August 25, 2009 04:47PM

hm, I have no idea, irina

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: August 25, 2009 05:35PM

According to sources: Bill Swanson... the CEO of Raytheon Systems the bomb and weapons maker (Tomahawk, rocket BAT and JOSW, etc...) War business is a very lucrative businessand loss of some life make some other people very wealthy! The ocean side of the property is for the owner and guests, the other side of the road is the employee and caretaker's quarter. To be verified though since I don't have the property deed in hands and I am neither a friend nore an acquaintance of this person.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: August 25, 2009 05:58PM

are you serious?

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Date: August 25, 2009 06:36PM

Yeap... that's what the sources says on the French Side. Now like I said I didn't saw the property deed so I am just repeating what I heard all over since years. But some of the sources are pretty serious (Terre Basses Home owner association etc...) so it seems it is his property.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: irina (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 25, 2009 09:31PM

Well I don't know who owns it but the property is huge! And it spans the road to Plum Beach. And it has such pretty pavers! LOL
Definetly the ocean side is for the owners but the other side looks good too.
I heard there was bowling alleys and all sorts of stuff there. Also the staff quarters.
I never took a picture cause I didn't think I would get out with my camera.
B you need to see this place. Amazing.
Thanks Phil.
i
Things that go Boom right? OMG! Barflymon knows..........

Date: August 26, 2009 10:16AM

Just for you to have an idea of the size....

so you can compare with the normal size of a "regular monstruosity" and other villas in the area:

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: August 26, 2009 10:22AM

OMG! I wasn't sure which mansion you all were talking about since I have never been down to that area but from the photo, that is utterly amazing. It seems to put any mansion I have ever seen to shame.

[www.vrbo.com]

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |