The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Great Old photos, but how about Old and New in same thread
Posted by: anonymouse (12.16.111.---)
Date: July 03, 2009 10:49PM

instead of just providing the intrigue of "where was this picture taken" so long ago, how about a picture of what it looks like now after everyone has guessed where is WAS?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Great Old photos, but how about Old and New in same thread
Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: July 04, 2009 09:26AM

"instead of just..." ???? well, it's because that's the way posters feel to post their old pictures....and to make it more fun, attach a clue to it! We have the present in front of our eyes, but many visitors of this website don't have any idea of what the island was years ago, so it is already a way to compare the past and present.
On the other hand, if you have some old and new picture to be compared, feel free to follow your own recommendation, and as long it is "constructive and friendly", we are sure everybody will enjoy it.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: July 04, 2009 10:43AM

I actually think that is a good idea but that means then someone ( me?) has to go to the location and take a new picture.
That's hard for me to do because I am staying home to avoid all SXM traffic these days LOL

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Date: July 04, 2009 11:56AM

That's exactly what I thought (you !... grinning smiley), since I don't have any time to do it myself, which is why I suggested the OP to follow on is recommendation if he/she had some smoking smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 05, 2009 08:21AM

Barbara, is the traffic that bad? I thought it wasn't as bad during the slower season. Or is all the construction causing the problems?

Date: July 05, 2009 08:29AM

It's all the construction
Philipsburg is not so badbut you cna nevr find aprking.
and going to Simpson bay is the pits

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2009 08:35AM by Barbara1.

Date: July 05, 2009 08:33AM

oh yeah it is bad !!! VERY bad... they had started the "Midas" roundabout down the hill and they are diverting the traffic toward Marigot when you comme down the hill... so if you want to go to the Airport, you will need to turn at Harley Davidson, etc... then when you come from Simpson Bay and you want to go to Marigot, you need to make a left at Eyes Publishing and pass the PDG building, etc.. a lot of detour and a lot of inconvenience... What I don't get is why it s taking so long for tehm to do a roundabout???/ Until August 24Th they are saying??? On the French side they did the one in Bellevue in 2 weeks and the one in Mont Vernon in 4 days! I am confused.. oh oh.. I know! All their working equipements are connected to the GEBE electricity that's why! LOL...now I understand!

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 05, 2009 08:36AM

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
now P, certainly you have lived here long enough to understand that! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: anonymouse (12.16.111.---)
Date: July 05, 2009 11:05PM

Just another part of my point, thank you. Why should someone have to deal with this traffic and construction crapola while on vacation. And so much traffic in low season - EGADS.

A picture doesn't have to tell a thousand words when it's residents do it so well.

Posted by: contessa (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 06, 2009 04:25PM

Barbara & Phillipe, how about if you or someone provides a old picture and submits it and asks if visitors have a recent picture of that picture? That way we get to see the old and perhaps the new. However, it must be identified. We've all taken pictures over the years and perhaps have a picture of that item in our archives. Just a thought......

smileys with beer Contessa

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |