The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

weather and bus to beaches
Posted by: jewelsnpa7 (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: June 01, 2009 07:44PM

Hi all,
my arrival date is looming and i tool a quick look at the weather channel via the web-my question is....if they call for 30%-40% it is still likely to have sun that day??

Give it to me straight if the island is in for a week of rain 6/6-6/13 I can take it.

Now on a lighter note that I am going to see sunshine-can you guys tell me all the beaches the bus accomodates?

Thank you all!

Juli

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: weather and bus to beaches
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: June 01, 2009 08:33PM

don't worry. 30% means we don't get any rain at all.
and there really are not buses that go to the beaches.
aren't you going to rent a car?
It is definitely recommended

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: Elaine (200.7.63.---)
Date: June 01, 2009 09:24PM

hAs B said - the bus doesn't go to the beaches - that's why you shoud rent a car. The weather the past few days has been absolutely incredible!

Posted by: Dean (---.dyn.everestkc.net)
Date: June 01, 2009 10:57PM

A one that rents a car about half the time, I do take mini-buses to both Phillipsburg and Marigot, why doesn't some enterprising mini-bus driver do beach runs out of Marigot? Is it strictly a problem with the taxi union? The only beach you might be able to take a mini-bus to presently would be Mullet Bay (Maho bus), if you can get the driver to go past Maho, which they sometime do to go to sapphire beach club.

Date: June 02, 2009 06:41AM

I am def. going to rent a car, but was hoping that there would be a few beaches I could hit via island transpo just in case i had a rum punch or two- the ten day weather has the island in for rain every day til the 11th-some days are just 40%-the rest are 60%-so in front of me it looks bleak. I know the island needs rain am just paranoid that there will be too much?

thanks so much for the kind words of encouragement!!grinning smiley

Posted by: ANON (---.muf122.nycm.n54ny05r18.dsl.att.net)
Date: June 02, 2009 09:32AM

don't sweatit. The maps always show it being rainy/cloudy. We usually find if its raining on one part of the island just move to another and your probly gonna hit sun and the weather maps are usually wrong. They always show rain or clouds.

Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 02, 2009 11:29AM

It always shows a little rain because it usually does rain a little at night.You can't worry about the weather unless a storm is near by or a hurricane.I see island tour busses from the cruise pier dropping tourists off at one or two of the beach bars. Don't worry in low season there is less tourists on the island.

Date: June 02, 2009 10:04PM

Thanks all-trying to just be upbeat and positive!! It will be a blessing to arrive safely. God bless the families of air france!

Posted by: papa_smoke (---.woh.res.rr.com)
Date: February 20, 2010 11:30PM

Besides that - Rain is just LIQUID SUNSHINE!!! Soak it up!

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: February 22, 2010 08:22AM

well this thread is old and long overdue... no really need to bring it back up.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |