The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Where is Phillipe?
Posted by: Rastaman (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: November 18, 2008 09:23AM

I notice Phillipe has not posted recently. Is he o.k.?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where is Phillipe?
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: November 18, 2008 11:35AM

he has posted recently.. just posted early this morning as a matter of fact.
he hasn't posted a lot recently though
I know he is extremely busy these days. the season is upon us and those in the restaurant business are working 24/7.
Let's tell him we feel neglected though.

Philippe, we feel neglected.. we want more frequent posts from you ! tongue sticking out smiley

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: MelissaG (---.central.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 18, 2008 01:05PM

Philippe........Where are you? We MISS you!!!!

Melissa

Posted by: SXMNorm (---.dsl.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 18, 2008 01:51PM

And the proper spelling is,...one "L", two "P"'s,...Philippe.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: November 18, 2008 05:40PM

Hi everybody,
I am still here but like Barbara said I am extremly extremly busy lately, that I barely don't have time for anything else than work including myself... So I am trying to come here as much as I can, but don't have much time to post, which I do when it is necessary to help, like Nancy this morning.. I think within few days, I'll be a bit more relax when everything will re-start to run smootly on cruise speed control at Captain Oliver's... the problem (which in fact shouldn't be a problem...) is that the staff quickly lost the habits of the busy season during the slow month of August and October, and the vacation month of September, so it is a bit more pressure on me until they get back into routine...Busy also preparing thanksgiving party, plus I am preparing a new lunch menu (now that the diner's one is done), I just re-opened,with a new artist, the Yacht Club Piano Bar which was closed for a while since few month, and I am building a little kitchen at the Iguana Bar to provide a Tapas Menu from 5pm to 10 pm which is also on my desk to be finished. Soo as you can see I've got my share of occupation LOL... (plus I have my two blogs to maintain, my facebook to update, etc... LOL).But don't worry, I am here, I didn't went back to the other forum winking smiley I am not going anywhere...
Thanks for thinking about me though, it's make me feel very special.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2008 05:44PM by Tabba Khady.

Posted by: Norbert (---.57-75.caribserve.net)
Date: November 19, 2008 12:19AM

And not to forget... Your DineSXM listing smileys with beer

DineSXM - St. Maarten / St. Martin restaurant guide & online reservations.

Date: November 19, 2008 07:32AM

OUPS!... Almost forgot ...I'll have to do that from home because still have internet server problems at work! BTW, Norbert, you can be my witness in this case and give the testimony that you saw me running all over the place...LOL

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: SXMNorm (---.dsl.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 19, 2008 10:57AM

Hope you'll post the Iguana Bar Tapas menu when available. Does the bar have Happy Hour Specials?

Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 19, 2008 11:07AM

Hey, Phillipe, I figured you were still out searching for the location of Barbara's old picture. HaHa

Posted by: seamusoisin (---.home1.cgocable.net)
Date: November 19, 2008 11:40AM

Two blogs up and running, full time chef, restauranteur, photographer, world traveller, moderator, political commentator, two dogs, SXM travel advisor, SXM historian. Am I forgeting something?

Missing? Jeez he all over the island. like the Scarlet Pimpernel he's here, he's there, he's everywhere!

Good news Philippecool smiley, I hear the day will be expanded to 25 hours so you can at least rest for one hour.

I had the right to remain silent...but I didn't.

[burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com]

Date: November 19, 2008 12:48PM

LOL... Richard, you forgot my "facebook", four dogs and not two, six cats (plus the one we feed on cat cafes), and I am sure I am also forgeting something...LOL
Norm, sure I will post on my blog (the kind one) the Tapas menu when it will be definitly ready, but I can already say that there will be some ethnic spirits to it, plus some American classics as well (buffalo wing, fried calamaries,mozzarella sticks, etc...), and to answer your other question, yes we already do happy Hour from 5pm to 7pm : 2 for 1 ! (You pay for two you get one...LOL!... no! I am just kidding! That's the real two drinks for one paid!)
Bob, I definitly forced myself to resign about that picture LOL... I almost lost the little sleep I had because of it...LOL

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: seamusoisin (---.home1.cgocable.net)
Date: November 20, 2008 09:43AM

"LOL... Richard, you forgot my "facebook", four dogs and not two, six cats (plus the one we feed on cat cafes), and I am sure I am also forgeting something...LOL "

William?grinning smiley

I had the right to remain silent...but I didn't.

[burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com]

Posted by: Johnnshell (---.central.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 20, 2008 04:13PM

Philippe,

We ate in your restaurant in late Oct. with Fabila. We had a great time and the food was wonderful.

Just wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed it.

Michelle

Date: November 21, 2008 07:44AM

Thank you very much for letting me know.
Comments like yours let me know that somehow my time trying to improve quality wasn't waisted.
I wasn't at the restaurant the night Fabila came, I beleive it was a Sunday night and I already made plan for my day off, but this tells me also that things are running fine even if I am not there, and that is a BIG plus!...
Thanks again,

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2008 07:45AM by Tabba Khady.

Posted by: Johnnshell (---.central.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 21, 2008 07:57AM

It was a Sunday night, sorry we missed you.

We have eaten there more than a couple of times before you took over. The new menu is fantastic, the wait staff was polite and attentive. The overall feel is relaxed and makes for a lovely evening. Just so you know we really enjoyed the whole experience.

Hopefully we will see you the next time.

Michelle

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |