The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Local Music Scene?
Posted by: RockGoddess (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 21, 2008 11:51AM

Hello all..

Was curious as to what recommendations people have to hear live music. Local bands, shows, etc. Several years ago King Beau Beau did a calypso show at Lynette's (probably gone...did they ever reopen?), and I remember on Friday nights there were rock bands doing covers at The Boathouse...which is also most certainly gone...

What's happening around the island now? Or where have you gone, and enjoyed?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Local Music Scene?
Posted by: RicknGrace (170.61.20.---)
Date: October 21, 2008 12:59PM

Monday at 9 pm Red Piano Franco and Max they are at Lady C Wednesday at the same time. Friday they are at BBB from5 to 8

Tuesday Island band Jam at Pineapple Pete. We were there Oct 7 and this was a great time. I believe it was from 9:30 to 12:30.

Soppranos in Maho is a Piano Bar that is great fun. If you are there in Oct Barry from Boston will still be there and he is a blast. Tell him Rick and Grace from NY say hello.

Lee's still has local musicians nightly I believe.

Picante on Billy Foley Road had some good music on Friday Oct 10.

If I was you I would try to see Franco and Max. They are real good. Check with Pete at Pineapple Pete to make sure the Tuesday jam is on. If it is don't miss it. Some very talented people played when we were there. Try to get to Soppranos.

You can always try K-Pasa.com to get more information.

BTW Lynettes is gone but Boathouse is still there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2008 01:00PM by RicknGrace.

Posted by: RockGoddess (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 21, 2008 01:33PM

Thanks RicknGrace! I knew people on here would be full of valuable info!

Guess I can catch Barry from Boston since we are going THIS Sat the 25th...is he leaving after Halloween? Last time I was at Soprano's was 2002 ... not sure who played then, but of course he did lots of Billy Joel..the piano thing and all..he even gave the old college try at some Aerosmith...

The Island Jam sounds good too!

I know Cheri's usually had a local type thing on weekends ... sorta a cheesy show at times, but it is "touristy"..I hope her place held up well after Omar...

And I hope the pizza place behind there is still open...omg, I LOVE their pizza!

Posted by: BIGDENX (---.135.33.65.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: October 21, 2008 02:04PM

Hey!

Percy Rankin WAS playing at SBAG early. Norbert the expert entertainment advisor may help with Percy's present venues....still our fave along with the usual suspects and always entertaining. Ronnie Santana at Pete constantly surprises with new stuff and great covers.

Denis

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 21, 2008 07:43PM

RockGoddess...If you can't get a table at Pizza Pasta (which is probably what you are referring to) try The Fashion Cafe under La Terrasse in their courtyard. Their pizza is actually just as good and just as cheap and the courtyard area is very peaceful and quaint. They don't have the variety of Italian dishes that Pizza Pasta offers but if it's just pizza, try them at least once. You may like them. We also loved Pizza Pasta but every time we went to eat there, they were only accepting reservations, and so we looked elsewhere. We unfortunately don't schedule our meals because we never know when we'll be hungry (our loss). We do the spur of the moment thing mostly.

Another good pizza place is upstairs from Paris Bistro called Soprano's Restaurant. They are more expensive than the other two but they do offer lots of other foods as well. We always get the antipasto plate and their pizza and are more than full. As you can see, we are definitely pizza lovin' people! I could eat pizza every night.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: BARRYfromBOSTON (---.63-196.caribserve.net)
Date: October 22, 2008 05:24PM

RicknGrace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sopranos in Maho is a Piano Bar that is great
> fun. If you are there in Oct Barry from Boston
> will still be there and he is a blast. Tell him
> Rick and Grace from NY say hello.
y talented people played
> when we were there. Try to get to Sopranos.

Thanks Rick and Grace! If anyone is coming to my show at Sopranos, you can even go online and see 900+ of the songs I do on the SONG MENU tab of my website, so you can be ready with your requests! [barryfromboston.com]

Posted by: RicknGrace (170.61.20.---)
Date: October 23, 2008 03:45PM

Anonymous User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Thanks Rick and Grace! If anyone is coming to my
> show at Sopranos, you can even go online and see
> 900+ of the songs I do on the SONG MENU tab of my
> website, so you can be ready with your requests!
> [barryfromboston.com]

Hi Barry. I'll keep putting out the good word. In November I'll put a plug in for you in Aruba LOL.

Rick

Posted by: _bruce (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: October 24, 2008 05:02AM

We happened across some live reggae at Raymond's on Rouge Beach last trip. If I recall, it was a late Sunday afternoon, but I could have the day wrong.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |