The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Surveillance video system will tested in Philipsburg
Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: September 03, 2008 07:48AM

For those who don't have the newspaper online or whatever, here is an interesting article about surveillance video system being tested in Philipsburg...The last paragraph is amazing... The governement doesn't have money...confused smiley Well they have money for plenty of other stupid and irrelevant project, don't they?...eye rolling smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Surveillance video system will tested in Philipsburg
Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: September 03, 2008 08:25AM

uNBELievable that money can be found for some of the stuff done and not for something of this importance. I hate to be pessimist but could it be that renting it back is more lucritive for someone? Inquiring minds and all that.

Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 03, 2008 03:25PM

How long do you think the camera's will work before they are damaged by criminals or others.But if its for free let them try them and see if they help.

Posted by: georgewyche (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 08, 2008 07:53AM

renting is better than nothing

Posted by: LennynRose (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: September 08, 2008 11:30AM

We have a few cameras in a "bad area" back home.

They do work believe it or not but...now the trouble makers have moved their business to an area that is not covered by the cameras.

Now all they need to do is add a gazillion more of them and we could probably drive them out of our state. LOL

I think that once the cameras in P-Burg show there usefulness, they will probably set up a bigger area.

Posted by: CCBob (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: September 10, 2008 07:30PM

I think the cameras are a great idea. Renting them is a low risk way to try it out and the leasors must think it will work and rent will continue.
What are the people who object to this surveillance up to that they don't want on tape?

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: September 11, 2008 07:49AM

I don't think I heard (nore read) about objections to this project, it seems to be positivelly welcome overall.
Question were just raised about the governement not having money for it (but having money for other project which can be labeled as irrevelants instead), Maybe the truth is that the governement doesn't beleive in it, and want to make sure it will be efficient, so it could be the reason of the lease instaed of the purchase... but it si just my assumption nothing else.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |