- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: Things will get worse before they get better........sad smiley
Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: August 29, 2008 05:19PM

If it was on American Eagle with an ATR 42 or 52 (or even 72...) most of the time there is not enough space for "carry on" and since there is no 1st class or what soever, most of the time people are asked to put their "Carry on" in cargo at the last minut. They don't have the choice, and I guess if you don't want to put it on below, they have no obligation to take it aboard... so then it is up to the passnger to stay grounded with his carry on or board the plane with his carry on below.
I still think that in the case of Tulle, like Denis said, it is possible to do a follow up with the company, foreign country or not, since the staff was assigned to this particular flight... they must have been very quick to act, but in any case, I am amazed that nobody even notice anything at that time...

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tulle (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 29, 2008 06:27PM

we did submit paper work when we got home and was sent a loss form to fill out, but, didn't hear anything back after we sent it in and then tried to call the airline and got the run around...said they never got the paperwork, etc. we just got sick of the whole situation and ate the loss. sad smiley
it was an american eagle flight on a very small plane (no first class!!). this was the first time we were asked to put carry on below. they know people carry valuables on board and figured they could "score" on the bag. no one saw because they were probably all in on it. there were only a couple of guys down there handling the bags.

Posted by: .Bruce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 29, 2008 07:39PM

Sorry i misunderstood the poster ..i would have worried also

Posted by: BIGDENX (---.63.8.67.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: August 29, 2008 08:34PM

Hey Tulle,

I'm sorry but I don't brand the SXM handlers as thieves. I know a number of these guys from many years of their carefully stowing my camera bag in the hull of the ATR, Twin Otter or Islander. This is the first occurence I have heard of.

Some of these guys know I have a lot of photo equipment and I ask them to stow it carefully and they do.,.,.I have never seen them throw my bag up to the compartment...they pass it.

There are not a lot of complaints about lost luggage or other incidents in SXM. There are MANY from the Dominican Republic and Haiti.

I am not doubting your loss or story but can't stand aside and see the whole crew held up to the flame of mistrust.

The Eagle ATR has small overhead bins and limited storage. Usually the only onboard storage is packed with the Flight Crew's bags and duty free purchases.

BIGDEN

Posted by: tulle (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 29, 2008 11:22PM

bigden, i wasn't suggesting that the WHOLE crew of amer eagle-st martin were thieves. i never said that. i'm sure that they are great guys, but it only takes one or two to do it. i'm sure they take great care of your camera equipment because they know you. all i know is that our stuff was gone and they only time it was out of our sight was when it was in the hands of the airline.
BTW, we did not go to the DRep or haiti so it did not happen there!!

ok i'm done with re-hashing this, it happened 2 years ago and we have moved on!! just brought it up so others could be aware.

Posted by: contessa (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 30, 2008 06:55AM

tulle.....THANK YOU for bringing it up. Being forewarned is being armed.thumbs up

smileys with beer Contessa

Pages: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |