>
> tall glass
> ice
> 1/2 Malibu Rum
> 1/2 Pineapple Juice
> Splash cranberry juice
>
> Drink!

Hmmm, I'm thinking we might be liking yours better than chicken or broccoli!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Summer Recipes........
Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 18, 2008 06:49PM

OK Pat...I'll give it a try with the raisins BUT I detest wet raisins... they will definitely be pushed to the side on my plate. As long as they add a special taste though, it sounds like it would be worth it.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: cuznvin (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 18, 2008 08:55PM

So, Vicki is John?

Posted by: Grumpy (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 18, 2008 09:32PM

Way to go, Nancy Drew >grinning smiley< winking smiley

Posted by: chef (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 18, 2008 09:58PM

John Perdue or Vicki or Sca2la...your recipe sounds great...do you have one for the teriyaki chicken your chef uses in the Hawaiian chicken salad?

Date: June 18, 2008 09:59PM

Yes Vinny...it's me...long story on why I became "John" but that happened in 2005. Gert may remember why I chose to do this but not something I want to explain on-line. Sometimes I think of doing a new sign-up under my other name but I guess I'm just too lazy... grinning smiley

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: June 19, 2008 07:51AM

i Have had this broccolli salad above with peanuts too and they add a little more texture as long as your not allergic to peanuts. It was surprisingly pretty descent. But I like nuts.

Date: June 19, 2008 08:07AM

That sounds good as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

[www.vrbo.com]

Posted by: contessa (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 19, 2008 10:01AM

Vicki,
While we're on salads I've quite accidently, made a fabulous coleslaw which I now make all the time. One day I was making coleslaw and ran out of Hellmans.
Yikes...what to do? Well, I had a bottle of Ken's Vidalia Onion (lite) salad dressing and thought.....what the heck.....it's sweet and delicious, why not? So, I added it to my coleslaw mixture, which was packaged but I shredded up a vidalia onion and VOILA!! thumbs up My instantly new coleslaw recipe. Now, it's the only way I make it. BTW....I do grind up some black pepper.
Am still on the search for Uncle Ernie's coleslaw recipe. It's the BEST!!!

>grinning smiley< Contessa

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 19, 2008 10:28AM

Wow...who woulda thought! I usually keep a spare package of cole slaw in the frig but I'm usually too lazy to blend the ingredients so having this dressing available would make my life so much better. Now my shopping list is growing...Broccoli, Ken's Vidalia Lite Onion, fresh raspberries...

And a recommendation to all those out there that love sorbet...2 years ago I bought a small Cuisinart Ice Cream/Sorbet Maker and every summer you'll always find all fresh sorbet's in my fridge.

The cost is really minimal (under $60) for the pure enjoyment you'll get. It's the easiest thing to make sorbet and I keep 2 insert tubs in my deep freeze for when the mood strikes (I bought an extra one). All it takes is making the simple syrup (water, sugar, and a dash of lime juice brought to a boiling point and then refrigerated) and keeping it in the fridge for weeks.

When I see a fresh fruit to my liking (strawberry lime is my favorite) I blend the fruit in a high speed blender with some simple syrup and run it in the machine for 15 minutes....It's then ready to serve or freeze! And you can just google sorbet and you'll find a ton of great recipes to make. I have a great ice cream/sorbet book that includes the simple syrup in all the recipes. This makes it even easier.

[www.vrbo.com]

Posted by: contessa (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 19, 2008 03:19PM

Vicki,
I can see we're on the same page!!thumbs up I, also, keep a tub in the freezer. It's the easiest thing to make on short notice. I also make the syrup w/
Splenda. It works fine. Try Peach w/peach liqueur drizzle.......Raspberries
w/Limoncello! Oh, ya.....>grinning smiley<

smileys with beer Contessa

Posted by: PChuck (---.pppoe-dynamic.ns.aliant.net)
Date: June 19, 2008 03:43PM

O.K. ....... I know you must have a killer potato salad recipe ???

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 19, 2008 04:32PM

I was going to try Splenda as I saw this written somewhere on the net so thanks for the thumbs up on that.

Is it the same ratio for making the syrup? Also I prefer lime juice rather than the recommended lemon juice for the syrup. Just adds a great taste to any fruit.

I love peach anything but haven't yet made it into sorbet. Guess that's another project and so my shopping list just keeps getting longer...grinning smiley

But I do have to say that the coconut sorbet is to die for. Especially when served with a few other fresh fruit sorbets. And of course, a sprinkling of semi-chocolate chips over....

Do I sound hungry???>grinning smiley<

[www.vrbo.com]

Posted by: cuznvin (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 19, 2008 06:39PM

Anonymous User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> O.K. ....... I know you must have a killer potato
> salad recipe ???

YA!! I Loooooooooove Potato salad!

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |