The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

sea glass jewelry
Posted by: bjs (---.indytel.com)
Date: April 27, 2008 05:54PM

Does anyone know where you can purchase sea glass jewelry in St Marten ,either the French or Dutch side. I know there are some artists on the island making the jewelry and I was wondering if they are selling it anywhere.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sea glass jewelry
Posted by: Susan Conover (---.cust.wildblue.net)
Date: April 29, 2008 10:27PM

Last time I was there, I saw advertised "sea glass jewelery" at the Last Mango
in Paradise store in Phillipsburg on Front Street.

Posted by: Laurie (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: May 17, 2008 11:08PM

I'm not sure about buying on St. Marten, but I do know of someone that makes absolutely beautiful sea glass jewelry with sea glass from the Greek Isles. I haven't seen anything like her designs. You can find her website here: Sea Glass Jewelry (www.seaglassjewels.com)

Good luck!

Posted by: bettenan (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: May 18, 2008 07:54AM

Anonymous User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone know where you can purchase sea glass
> jewelry in St Marten ,either the French or Dutch
> side. I know there are some artists on the island
> making the jewelry and I was wondering if they are
> selling it anywhere.

I believe there was a TTOLer named Susie that uses St Maarten seaglass, to make beautiful jewelry. I did a quick search and could not find her, but maybe someone else here knows who she is and could post her info.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
bettenan from beautiful bucks county (pa)

Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 18, 2008 10:33AM

Here's a link to Susie's site:

[www.caribbeanbeachglassjewelrybysusie.com]

Posted by: bettenan (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: May 18, 2008 10:50AM

GaKaye Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's a link to Susie's site:
>
> [www.caribbeanbeachglassjewelrybysusie.com]

Thanks..I thought I had bookmarked it, but obviously I did not. It's actually just what I what I'll be looking for for my girlfriend's birthday..

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
bettenan from beautiful bucks county (pa)

Date: May 18, 2008 03:07PM

We've collected a lot of beach glass on our last two trips to the island. Now if I can just motivate myself, I might actually make some Christmas gifts with it. For now it's just on display in my family room, making me yearn for St. Maarten!

Posted by: surfside (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 18, 2008 05:51PM

May I inquire as to what beach you found the sea glass?

Posted by: irina (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: May 18, 2008 06:57PM

I have personally never seen "sea glass" in Sint Maarten. Broken Heinekin bottles but not the polished stuff. Where do you guys find it? I'm not talking about the already made jewelry. I am asking about actual sea glass.
Cheers
irina

Posted by: contessa (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 18, 2008 08:37PM

I'd highly recommend Hans Meevis Jewelery on Airport Rd. Hans is a genius and will incorporate anything you like!! His jewelry is one of a kind and FABULOUS!! And Anne, his wife, is a delight!!thumbs up
At my pahty this weekend, Marion (PaulMarion) had a fantastic cuff and when asked she said she brought all her 'junk' pieces of gold and Hans melted it into a fantastic work of art!! What a wonderful way to recycle broken pieces, one earring etc. into art!! I know I'll be doing the same.......eventually.grinning smiley

>grinning smiley< Contessa

Date: May 19, 2008 07:58PM

We stay at LaVista Beach, and found a lot of it there. When we were there this past December, there were huge Northerly swells that just kept bringing it in. We stood in the water and watched, then grabbed to get it before it got sucked back out. Both of us got pretty bruised up from the rocks hitting our ankles! We also found a lot on Grand Case beach behind the restaurants..found a lot of brown glass there.

Posted by: Christeena (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 21, 2008 06:42PM

Hi,
Wanted to thank you Laurie for you kind words about my website [www.seaglassjewels] how nice of you!!
I do collect all my glass in the Greek Island and am a serious collector and truly believe in educating the public the difference between genuine sea glass and fake man made tumbled glass!
My speciality is custom work and all my designs are one of a kind, I never make the same thing twice, isn't that the beauty of life!!
Thanks again,
Christeena H. Minopetros

Posted by: jimandi (---.g01.scpeli.pbtcomm.net)
Date: May 21, 2008 11:15PM

We have several bottles of sea glass that has been picked up from Simpson Bay. It has never been turned into anything because I think it simply beautiful sitting in the sunlight in my garden room. Walk to the right towards SSBB. The higher the surf, the better the find. Good luck.

Posted by: blackmercedes (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: October 10, 2008 07:51PM

Well, I am quite late for this thread..as I just ran across it this evening in October. Caribbean Beach Glass Jewelry by Susie can now be found in St. Maarten at Candles by Jina in Simpson Bay and St Martin at Jolie Boutique in Grand Case. If you go to the web site, you can see pictures of the jewelry that is available on island! [www.caribbeanbeachglassjewelrybysusie.com] Thank you to GaKaye for mentioning our web site! Susie

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |