The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Bus from Cupecoy area to Phillipsburg
Posted by: mgh56 (---.usfamily.net)
Date: January 30, 2008 05:57PM

Is it possible to catch a bus from Sapphire Beach Club to Phillipsburg and if so, how much in US $$ and can you get bus tokens?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bus from Cupecoy area to Phillipsburg
Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 30, 2008 08:56PM

There are no bus tokens that I know of but I would think you can catch the bus from Sapphire. When you get to the resort, ask someone at the front desk. I know that the maids take these buses home so you can ask them as well. The one I took was coming from the Cupecoy area and had a white sign in the window stating Philipsburg. It cost $2 each way from/to Maho. It may cost $2.50 for you. Just remember to tell the driver when you want to get off by saying "Please stop the bus here". He won't stop until you ask him to.

When returning, just stand on Back Street and wait for a bus that says Maho. I waited maybe 30 seconds for the one going to Philipsburg and about 4 minutes for the bus returning. It was fun and much less stress. Lots of buses all day. Keep in mind that the bus will stop periodically to pick up/drop off people along the way. It took a little less than 1/2 hour to get to Philipsburg and the same on return.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |