The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

snorkeling and keys - help
Posted by: itsmejude (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: September 03, 2007 09:37AM

Having never been to SXM I have a few questions
It will just be myself and my husband - what do we do with our stuff when we both want to snorkel?? Would love some tips - keys, money, etc.

Should we rent a car at the airport? What rental is located there?
Thanks
Judy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: snorkeling and keys - help
Posted by: sabwjz (---.dsl.wotnoh.ameritech.net)
Date: September 03, 2007 11:13AM

My wife and I have been to SXM many times and snorkel together. We have a little water proof container (available at a lot of stores maybe even Walmart) that we put cash, credit card, license and keys into when we snorkel and I just tow it along around my neck. It's only about the size of a pack of cigarettes so it's not too cumbersome. We plan our trips to the beach to bring only what we need (and we go to the beach EVERYDAY and usually try to hit a new one during our two weeks in paradise). It's nice having the container too because it keeps the sand out. Nothing stays in the car. If someone wants to steal my towel and flip flops while I'm in the water they can have them.

As far as rental car that's a constant subject on this board. My suggestion is Leslie Bruce at Kenny's Car Rental. He is outstanding and very reasonablly priced. The website is www.kennyscarrental.com He'll meet you at the airport with YOUR car so you're out of there in less than 10 minutes and he is a very nice and honest man!

Posted by: SXMaholic (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 04, 2007 05:56AM

Ditto on the car rental. Lesley Bruce (Kenny's Car Rental) is the best. We've used his services for years. To see his friendly face at the airport we know we are finally in paradise.
Reach him at bruce@sintmaarten.net

-Gloria

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a 'true' friend will be sitting next to you saying...'damn that was fun'!

Posted by: Az Guy (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: September 05, 2007 12:03AM

I have a very nice water proof pouch I put my money, keys and a credit card in.Try this site for some ideas Waterproof Store
Of course we have a water proof case for our small Olympus camera also. :-)

~~ Once you've slept on an island, you'll never be the same ~~
2008 St Maarten Pics

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 05, 2007 09:56PM

We use the cigarette pack sized plastic box, too. Have learned to put the credit card and money in a zip lock bag inside the "water-proof" box. The keys rattle around loose and that's OK.

Posted by: alreginfo (216.146.80.---)
Date: September 06, 2007 02:56PM

I'd also recommend Leslie. We just got back Sunday from a week trip, and Leslie was excellent. He was waiting for us with the car, and returning it was a breeze. Very reasonably priced.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |