The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Restaurants on a budget
Posted by: Drew (---.rightminds.com)
Date: June 18, 2007 01:58PM

Single parent bringing two boys 16 & 15. Staying in Marigot at the Hotel Beach Plaza from 6/30-7/5. Will have a rental car.

Any suggestions for affordable, good eats, in particular -- dinner. Would like to keep it to $70 or less for the three of us (hopefully less, on occasion). The boys and I eat anything, and probably would enjoy seafood occasionally. I know Lee's used to be pretty affordable. I hear the restaurants on the French side can be pricey.

Also, would appreciate any insight on Hotel Beach Plaza. I've read a few reviews at TripAdvisor, etc., and would appreciate Forum members' (current) perspective.

Believe it or not, the boys may want to hit a gym while we're on the island. I don't think the Hotel Beach Plaza has one. Any idea where we can find one (and cost)?

Thanks!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Restaurants on a budget
Posted by: Elaine (---.p1.ragingwire.net)
Date: June 18, 2007 02:49PM

Gutside on the road to Friars Bar - great fresh fish!
Yvettes in Orleans - local creole
Any of the LoLo's
Buccaneer Beach Bar - burgers, sliced steak, yellowfin or tuna sandwiches. All $10
Great fish and chips at Crazy Leprechaun across from Bobby's marina in P'Burg - $13 and two of us couldn't finish it!

Posted by: tt (---.msn.com)
Date: June 18, 2007 02:53PM

you must go to yvettes in orleans on the french side. we usually go 4-5 times during our two week stay. felix prices are unreal low.ex. t bone steak 12.50 creole shrimp 12.00 red snapper cooked any way youlike 14.00..filet...whole fish cooked anyway 12.50,goat stew 8.00,oxtail stew 8.00,surf and turf.lobster.22.00. beers 2.50 dont miss it. also the lo los in grand case have meals for around ten bucks with dollar beers.marks place in philipsburg is another dont miss 10.00 to 18.00 for a meal. try the scalloped potatoes with grouper for 14.00 or all you can eat ribs for about 12.00.also on orient beach go to CHEZ LEANDER< THE PIRATE or the next one up,forgot the name but former owners of Cailfornia in grand case run it. it is just before kon tiki

Posted by: Andy (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: June 26, 2007 08:05AM

Thanks for the suggestions. Sounds like there's lots of affordable dinner eats, if you know where to look!

Will be there Saturday. Can't wait!

Posted by: _bruce (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: June 27, 2007 11:16PM

Johnny B UNder The Tree or Lido's, both are great for very affordable (and very tasty!) take-out in the Cole Bay area.

Posted by: Elizabeth (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 28, 2007 07:42AM

Since you are in line with the Lowlands Route, there is a gym at the Rainbow Beach Club in Cupecoy (just past the Sapphire). I have seen the gym and it is very well equipped with everything to work out. When you pass by there, stop at the front desk and ask how much they charge for day rates.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |