The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Cruise Ship Docking
Posted by: Cruisin' (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: January 21, 2007 09:54PM

We'll be arriving at St. Maarten's in 2 weeks for 1 day only. Our cruise ship docks around 8AM and we leave at 6PM. I think we'd like to spend time at the beach but don't want to waste any time looking for the "best spots" or fun, delicious restaurants. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cruise Ship Docking
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: January 22, 2007 08:46AM

what beach do you want to go to? the Philipsburg beach is a short distance away, you can walk there or take a water taxi there.. the beach is lined with beach bars and restaurants. you can stroll the boardwalk or shop on Front Street.
for a nice lunch, try Pasagrahan Guesthouse, Greenhouse Restaurnat,or Oulaichi( in the St. maarten arcade)

If you want to go to another beach, then you need to take a taxi. close by beaches are Oyster Pond..eat at Mr. Busby's there.
or Orient beach.. eat at Pedro's or Baywatch.....

Posted by: Cruisin' (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: January 24, 2007 08:24PM

Hi
I'm not certain what beach we should see. We only have a few hours and don't want to waste time trying to find the right spot!

I've heard of a fun place called Its All Cool! Is that any place you'd recommend?
Thanks

Posted by: candu (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: January 24, 2007 09:56PM

Since it is hard to know your likes and dislikes it is also difficult to say which beach would be best for you. As Barbera said the beach in Philipsburg is close and shopping and beach bars are also close. Many cruisers head to the French side and Orient Beach out of curiosity because of the clothing optional portion. One hundred people with Bermuda shorts, sandals and socks trying to take pictures of middle aged naturists is not fun for either side.
If that is what you would like to do go there however if not stay close to Philipsburg, get a sample of the island and if interested come back without the boat.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: January 25, 2007 07:44AM

All Cool is closed

Posted by: Riptide (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 25, 2007 05:12PM

dear cruisin,

take a cab to the Kakao area of Orient beach. "Condenast" highlights its restaurant in this months issue.

Riptide

Posted by: GaKaye (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: January 25, 2007 06:48PM

Excellent suggestion! Great beach, great restaurant. Try the Salade Nicoise.

Posted by: Cruisin' (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: January 25, 2007 07:55PM

Thanks!

Keep those ideas coming! If it helps, I'll have 2 seventeen year old girls with me. The shopping sounds like something they would like. I think the closest, pretty beach with some fun restaurants would be great.

We'd love to come back without the boat - perhaps this summer. THe problem is expensive flights and limited info. on places to stay - I'd need a 4 bedroom or 2 - 2 bedrooms (5 kids ages 17 - 23). If anyone has any ideas for that, let me know!

Cruisin!

Posted by: Riptide (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 26, 2007 10:47PM

crusin,

summertime is a good time to visit sxm. it is considered the off season.
a two bedroom at the Atrium sleeps 6. two people per bedroom and two on the convertable couch. a studio their sleeps two.
all the information that you could need is posted on Jeff Berger's blog. "everythingsaintmarten" jmb communications.
he posts the cheapest flights, bargain hotel & timeshare accomodations.
car rentals etc.

regards

Re: tours
Posted by: cajun lady (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: January 27, 2007 04:53PM

does anyone have any feed back from the sunnyliston tours, is it worth the time,or should we go out on our own?

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |