The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Which hotel should I go with...
Posted by: Tami (204.253.137.---)
Date: November 29, 2006 10:50AM

I need hotel accommodations for 3 nights only from 12/28-12/31. Unfortunately, not too many resorts/hotels allow for short stays during the busy holiday season. I prefer to stay in Orient Beach but there are no availabilities or they do not accommodate short stays. According to my internet searches, I think I've exhausted all my options for Orient Beach. If you know of an apartment rental that is not advertised online, please let me know. Otherwise, here are my options. Which one would you recommend? Preferably reasonable rates (under $250/night). Thanks!!!

1. Divi Little Bay Beach Resort
2. Sunterra Flamingo
3. Le Flamboyant
4. Caravanserai
5. Summit Resort Hotel
6. Captain Oliver

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Which hotel should I go with...
Posted by: Janie (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 29, 2006 11:21AM

I don't know prices of the places you've mentioned and I know people have stayed at all of them and have been happy. But if your first choice was Orient Beach (which is one of the nicest beaches on the island), I would tell you NOT to stay at Le Flamboyant....it's not on the beach...it's on a lagoon.

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: November 29, 2006 11:25AM

If your planning on spending most of your time on Orient I'd go for the closest places to it. Captain Oliver would probly be the easiest drive with Leflamboyant and Summit your next best choices but for these you'll have to go through Marigo. My favorites would Flamingo or Divi but they could make for long drives to Orient with lots of traffic between you and it. And my favorite place of all you named to stay at would be Summit. I love there restraunt and the views.

Posted by: Elaine (---.p1.ragingwire.net)
Date: November 29, 2006 01:17PM

Easiest drive to Orient would be from DIVI -IMHO.

All the choices are ok. No beach at Summit (but they do have the wonderful Kissing Fish Bar) or Flamboyant.

Posted by: Tami (161.107.1.---)
Date: November 29, 2006 01:41PM

Thank you all for your quick response and comments. One more hotel came available...Jardin de Chevrise. It's on orient beach! Not sure where exactly it is in Orient Beach but I'm a little concerned because it seems a little run down. Any comments?

Posted by: fabila (155.72.24.---)
Date: December 12, 2006 12:38PM

I've stayed at 3, Divi, Summit and Caravanserai. Only the Divi is on a beach but in my opinion too far from nightlife and things we like to do in the day. Summit is very nice but not on the beach although close to Mullet and Cupecoy. Caravanserai is in the midst of construction and while it's in a great location for partying I would consider hanging out at Maho beach for the day. Too narrow and with the planes flying over and all the noise from SSBB it wouldn't be relaxing or enjoyable for me.

I'd choose Summit out of the three.

Posted by: wle119 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 15, 2006 06:55PM

Try the Alizea. It is reasonably priced and has spectacular views of Orient Beach, St.Barts, and from some rooms, Pinel Island. We always choose the Alizea, as do most of our friends. Speak to Phillippe or Francoise.

Posted by: cg (---.134.233-53.clta.globetrotter.net)
Date: December 19, 2006 11:19AM

My bet is the Flamboyant & if possible on an all inclusive basis.
Make sure your room is not over the pool.

Posted by: annie (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 19, 2006 01:11PM

Why would anyone want to go all inclusive on SXM????? Too many fantastic restaurants there.

Annie

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |