The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Mosquitos
Posted by: D&J (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: November 28, 2006 10:51AM

My husband and I will be visiting the island in January /2007 . We were wondering how bad the mosquitos are this year and if we should bring repelant with us or can we purchase some good quality there. We stayed at Great Bay last year and they were very bad on the balcony. On our first visit to the island in 1995 we stayed at Flamboyant and there were no mosquitos = my how things have changed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mosquitos
Posted by: LennynRose (---.west.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 28, 2006 12:47PM

D&J,

I didn't think that the mosquitos were bad last year...it was the noseeums(?). Those bites left me itching for the whole trip. The worst part was that you couldn't feel them biting.

Hopefully it has been relatively dry this season.

Lenny

Posted by: John O. (---.s198.apx1.atn.pa.dialup.rcn.com)
Date: December 01, 2006 06:19PM

Just got back from Grand Case Beach Club 2 weeks ago and found that shaded balconies near trees were LOADED with little black mosquitos, but sunny balconies away from trees were no problem. This must have been a banner year for rainfall and the annoying little devils, given the lush green appearance of the island.

Posted by: Cupecoy94 (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 01, 2006 06:25PM

Those nasty little buggers are fast and pack an itch but the no see'ums make me swell up with an allergic reaction like nothing else. I bring repellent and Benidrill.

Posted by: Elaine (---.p1.ragingwire.net)
Date: December 04, 2006 08:35AM

When you get there, buy Mosquito Milk. Better repellent than any we have found at home.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |