The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

How safe is Sint Maarten for a single blonde female?
Posted by: Kellie (Aussie Girl) (---.vic.westnet.com.au)
Date: November 12, 2006 10:38PM

I'm planning to move from Australia to Dutch Sint Maarten to work for a dive company. Thanks to Mar and Anon for your comments about Philipsburg being dangerous and to be careful wandering the island on my own. What should I be concerned about in regards to safety? I don't want to move half way around the world to not be able to walk around after I finish work.
I'm tall tanned blonde and athletic looking. Should I have any concerns? I am well travelled and have been living in Sicily.
Any advise will be really appreciated.

Thanks
Kellie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How safe is Sint Maarten for a single blonde female?
Posted by: rickscott (---.cinci.res.rr.com)
Date: November 13, 2006 01:55AM

Just use common sense. I think most areas are safe to walk through but you can't take unnecessary chances. I think you'll be fine.

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: November 13, 2006 08:20AM

kELLIE
I'm afraid its just not as simple as it sounds here. I wish you could talk to some of the female students at the AUC. I talked to a few of them and the tales they tell are a little scary about their rooms and apartments being broken into while they slept and being robbed multiple times and more. I'm not trying to be an alarmist but as you describe yourself youd be a very likely candidate for the wrong people so just be very wise and be extremely carefu and keep your eyes and ears open wherever you wander.

Posted by: Mar (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: November 14, 2006 11:37PM

Kellie,

I want you to know that I moved here one year ago and what suppose to be a short stay has now turned longer because I like the island. Having said that though I am as careful as one could be...

I don't want you to be completly discouraged just be cautious, know your surroundings, and do not take unnecessary risks.

Posted by: Cupecoy94 (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: November 15, 2006 09:05PM

Kellie,
Very dangerous!! You should stay with me and let me protect you!!!! LOL
Just kidding! Just watch your surroundings, don't be gullible, don't do things that are potentially dangerous. Travel with friends you know. Have fun.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |