- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
La Vista Forum
Posted by: buddy (---.nalbach.com)
Date: July 06, 2006 10:00AM

I would like to start a forum of owners at the La Vista Resort. Are there any other owners out there??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: La Vista Forum
Posted by: Dean (---.dsl.ksc2mo.swbell.net)
Date: July 06, 2006 10:15AM

I own a deluxe, one bedroom high season floating week at La Vista. I had hoped that La Vista's message board would serve this purpose but its seems to be broken, with new postings going to the bottom of the message board. I'd be interested.

Posted by: Dean (---.dsl.ksc2mo.swbell.net)
Date: July 06, 2006 05:07PM

It seems that lavista.com has been inactive since June 29, so maybe another forum is in order.

Posted by: GaKaye (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: July 06, 2006 09:05PM

We just bought a studio at LaVista Beach, and I'd definitely be interested in a forum. In fact, I came here now to ask a question, so I was tickled to see your post!

I'm not real familiar with where everything is yet, as we have stayed on the French side in the past. Can someone orient me (no pun intended..) as to where the new, contraversial, Pelican building is compared to LaVista. I'm hoping it won't block my view of the hillside.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: July 07, 2006 08:11AM

La Vista is located on the other side of Pelican Resort. The new Pelican builidng is at the entrance to the Pelican property.
You will have no problem.

Posted by: GaKaye (---.client.dsl.net)
Date: July 07, 2006 11:08AM

Thank you Barbara. That's good news!

BTW, the LaVista web site is back up, but the Message Board is still putting new posts at the bottom. Not much meaningful activity there anyway.

Date: July 07, 2006 08:41PM

OK, now that we have this thread, I have another question (hope this doesn't end up being just me!)

I'm a chef. Not a professional one, but a very good home one. The focus of our vacation is food, mostly in the wonderful restaurants, but I intend to cook in our condo several times while we are in St. Martin. (We have two weeks). My biggest concern is knives. Would it make sense to bring a good knife with me? What can you tell me about the quality of the kitchenware in the units at LaVista Beach?

Posted by: contessa (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 09, 2006 09:28AM

If you're that particular about your cutlery then I'd suggest you bring your own. I've cooked many a meal at LaVista and have never had any difficulty, but I have a penchant for 'making do'. I could use a plastic knife if I had to! ;-)
Enjoy LaVista......I sure do!
xoxox
Contessa

Posted by: .Bruce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 09, 2006 10:33AM

Its back up .Bye

Date: July 09, 2006 11:43AM

Thanks for the info, Contessa! I'm not necessarity that particular, but the last place I stayed had only a serrated steak knife, and that was difficult to work with. I'm definitely not as adaptable as you are! Think I'll bring one good knife just in case. I'm really looking forward to our trips from now on. The atmosphere at La Vista seems to be really friendly.

Date: July 23, 2006 01:00PM

I have some questions for La Vista Beach owners, or others experienced with staying there.

Is there a safe in the room?
How often is the maid service?
Where are the laundry facilities, and are they clean and modern? What is the cost?

Thank you!

Date: July 24, 2006 09:16AM

There is a safe in the room, it is available at an additional cost, I believe about $2.00 a day. Maid service is once a week. Laundry facilities in the orgional part consists of a washer and dryer located outside behind the restaurant area, this is adequate as your mostly looking to clean "vacation clothes". If you want more comprehensive services, there are commercial laundries on the island.

Date: July 25, 2006 08:32PM

Thanks for the info Buddy. I gather from what you said that there's no laundry facilities at the Beach building? I keep reading about folks who bring only carryon bags, and am thinking of trying that. Not sure if I can make it for two weeks on what fits in a carryon though!

Date: July 26, 2006 02:27PM

I'm usually good with two weeks using the allowable 2 checked bags and a carry-on. Samsonite Outlet stores carry a great line of packing bags by Eagle Creek that organize your clothes for packing. They're about $20 each, but you only buy them once and we use them all the time. Towards the end these become our dirty clothes bags. When you get to your hotel, just take the pac bags and shove them in the drawers/closet. You can easily pack shirts, shorts,swimwear etc. Lots of times we'll wear beach shirts and tops for a couple of days. The atmosphere is so relaxed, utility is primary over style.

Date: July 26, 2006 09:26PM

I was thinking of those bags that compress the air out, not sure what they're called. They're clear, and I thought that might make the bag inspection on the return trip a little easier too. I'm not real keen on those guys going thru my underwear. I'll look for the Samsonite ones too. Good suggestions!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |