The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

please help info needed on Divi
Posted by: nrichmond (168.214.86.---)
Date: June 23, 2006 10:16AM

I was reading reviews on Expedia from previous guests and some were not very nice. I have reservations for a timeshare stay in July 2006 and I am nervous! Complaints about mold, no hot water, dirty rooms, cracks under doors allowing lizzards to enter rooms, poor check-in service meaning one guest waited over an hour because they lost her reservation and wouldnt acknowledge her confirmation number, no towels, no parking near rooms, overall lousy service from staff. The list was endless, Can anyone give me any positive info that has stayed in the timeshare units?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2006 11:01AM by nrichmond.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: please help info needed on Divi
Posted by: Elaine (---.p1.ragingwire.net)
Date: June 23, 2006 11:23AM

Have stayed there several times and never had any of those problems.

They are in the middle of renovating many of the units as they were getting pretty tired. Be sure to ask for one of those at check-in.

Posted by: drdoug (---.unh.edu)
Date: June 23, 2006 11:33AM

n,

I'm sure those things probably did happen once to different guests. Been going there in TS unit since early 80's. Do a search on this site for Divi and you'll be relieved with many positive reviews.

Never seen mold, did not have hot water one year as the boiler broke and the large replacement part had to be shipped in: they did get it fixed faster than expected. Always had a clean room, a few kind words to the cleaning ladies never hurts. Lizards are everywhere and the door was probably left open on the deck. Check in can be slow, but you are on island time. Be sure to see if the time shares are being checked in a different location than the hotel, they usually are at a separate desk near the dive shop. Towels always appear, sometimes late in the pm, and we've never run out. True, you will not be able to park near your room. This makes walking the grounds and pathways safe. There are carts that will give you a lift if needed, and of course they deliver you and your luggage after check in. Lousy service is probably an overstate. I have seen and dealt with a few staffers over the years that had an attitude, same as anywhere.

Once we found that someone was still in our unit as we checked in. He was planning on staying another week and couldn't be found on the grounds. Instead of yelling and cursing, we worked out a deal where we stayed in the suite reserved for Divi corporate staff. Took awhile to get it cleaned and a working tv moved in, but we still enjoyed our stay. I even mentioned at the appropriate time that a free dinner would be nice. That was after we were supplied with several cold beers as we waited.

Don't be afraid to smile and say hi first, and you'll have a pleasant stay.

Posted by: Herky (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 23, 2006 01:41PM

Have been staying at Divi for 9 years......have always had a positive experience. The check in can be slow... Their computor system needs to be upgraded, usually they don't start check in till 4 P.M. Bar and restaurant staff are great. We were there in May and they were in the midst of repainting all exteriors. Units A, B, C, and D heve been renovated. Hope you have a great time as we ALWAYS have.

Posted by: nrichmond (168.214.86.---)
Date: June 23, 2006 01:41PM

thanks so much for your input!!! much helpful!!

Posted by: Sandra Holliday (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: June 27, 2006 12:55PM

Several units that face Phillipsburg are old and haven't been remodeled. The timeshares that face the beach have. We stayed in Unit 711 from 6/8 to 6/18 which needs to be retired until they renovate. the refrigator leaked and the furnishings are old. The view from the terrace was breathtaking. I should have asked to moved but the unit wasn't up the hill which requires a lot of walking
( hiking). Lots of acivities, great location and wonderful trade winds.Lastly, I saw the new units that they are selling. They are beautiful.
I was there on exchange and own at the Tower's at Mullet Bay.
Sandra

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: June 27, 2006 01:15PM

Just curiousx but if you own at The Towers at Mullit Bay why did you exchange to the Divi Little Bay. Was there a problem and is the Towers at Mullit still up and in business?

Posted by: bjs (---.indytel.com)
Date: June 27, 2006 02:03PM

We stayed at Divi a few years ago and the original room given to us was dark and full of mold. After sleeping there one night I had a horrible headache and asked to be moved to another room off of the ground floor. The second room was very nice and had a lovely view. I do remember that some of the restaurant help had an attitude. It had been remodled since we were there and they have added more restaurants and better rooms. If you are not pleased, ask to be moved. They will probably accommodate you since this is not the busy season.

Posted by: scottie (---.rcc.org)
Date: June 27, 2006 02:37PM

We stayed in a room that had not been remodeled. A couple little things didn't work properly but our view was fabulous, the balcony was large and very nice and we had a great time. I'm sure I would have preferred a room that had been refurbished but IF you get stuck in an older room, you'll still enjoy it IMO

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |