- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Towers Mullet Bay / Sunterra Flamingo Beach
Posted by: Moz (---.ma.charter.com)
Date: November 03, 2004 09:55AM

Spike do you know at the towers - which side is morning sun vs afternoon.

I am told unit 808 is potentially all sun. I prefer all sun or at least afteroon sun - I love to bake.

I am also told higher is better...I like to view the ocean usually several floors up from beach level... - this way you can see the beach activity as well as the ocean.

Do you have a view from 808 or similar
Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kim (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 03, 2004 09:58AM

[groups.msn.com]

The Towers is not on a beach at all, but you can see the ocean from some of the views, take a look at this link, these are some of my pictures, then go to other albums and there should be some recent with Towers pictures.

here is another link for some pictures that will give you a good idea, but until you know your exact unit, it will be difficult

[groups.msn.com]

Post Edited (11-03-04 09:59)

Kim

Posted by: Barbara (---.202-68.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: November 03, 2004 01:55PM

We own a one bedroom in the original building and are just a few feet from the shore and can hear the waves lapping from inside the apt....one of the simple pleasures we really enjoy. The original building also has an elevator. I understand that the other buildings do not have one. That could be a bother when lugging suitcases or groceries, I think. I have never been in the other buildings. The numbers ending in "01" and "02" are one bedroom ocean front views, like ours in that building. Some studios , like "03" face the ocean. I don't know about all the others.

Many of the apts. in the original building have ocean views but there are some in the back of the building that face the parking lot.

We like to watch the "boat parade" around 9 a.m. most mornings: day sails and ferries that leave from the adjacent marina. Flamingo faces west. Sometimes the sunsets are good. We've even seen the green flash there a few times.

Posted by: spike (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 03, 2004 09:37PM

Here's the story of the views.
1. The higher the better in all cases.
2. Rooms ending in 1, 2 and 3 face the parking lot and the Medical School and face SW to NW...1 faces SW, 2 faces due W and 3 faces NW.
3. Rooms ending in 4,5 and 6 face NW to NE and face the pool (near) lagoon (middle) and Sandy Ground in the distance with Marigot in sight at night. 4 faces NW, 5 faces due N and 6 faces NE.
4. Rooms ending 7, 8 and 9 face NE thru SE and have the BEST view in my honest opinion...particularly 7. 7 faces lagoon, golf course, pool, Sandy Ground and Marigot as well as Maho and the Airport activity and the mountains...with terrific sunrises. 8 faces due east with all that 7 has except the pool/northern exposure. 9 has more golf views and a bit of ocean, too.
5. Rooms 10 and 11 face the south and the golf course and the ocean about 1/2 mile on the horizon.
6.1, 9, 10 and 11 are 2 bedroom. 2, 5 and 8 are studio. 3,4,6 and 7 are one bedroom.
7. Luxury 3/4 bedroom penthouses are on the 8th floor.
8. My choice for view (not size of accomodation) if it was available would be (other than penthouse)...707, 2nd choice would be 706, 3rd 708 !!! Only drawback to all 3 would be early morning sun and no sunset view...that's why we go the SSBB for the sunsets !!! Hope this helps.

Posted by: spike (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 03, 2004 09:41PM

Sorry, I misspoke about the 2 bedrooms units. Units 10 and 11 are one-bedroom facing south (not 2 bedroom as initailly stated). Only units ending in 1 and 9 are 2 bedroom. chers, spike.

Posted by: Greg (---.oc.oc.cox.net)
Date: November 06, 2004 10:09PM

You're both right on. I gave up trying to work out while there. I believe the 'Fitness Room' is the old sales office with a few pieces of equipment that were looted from the Mullet Bay fitness center after the hurricane in 95. I think there is a working treadmill and maybe a bike, a few dumbells and a curling machine.

Posted by: Greg (---.oc.oc.cox.net)
Date: November 06, 2004 10:15PM

Hi Kim. As I recall, didn't 808 have morning and afternoon sun because of the corner balconies?

Date: November 07, 2004 01:27PM

808 is directly over the entrance, it has 3 balconies, 2 upstairs and one off the kitchen/living room. It just seemed like anytime we were in the room, it was direct sunlight, I love the penthouses, but what I don't like is the fact that there is no roof over the balconies.

Kim

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 07, 2004 03:43PM

Kim,

Complain, complain, complain........

Respectfully,

pat

Date: November 07, 2004 07:18PM

Jealous are we!!! Let's see who gets a water balloon on their head!

Kim

Date: November 17, 2004 12:19PM

Hello -
It appears I have been assigned Unit #707. If anyone has any photos - I would be greatful to see them. Thank you again all.

You can post or send to my direct email account - whichever is easier.

IC_Technologies@charter.net

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 17, 2004 07:54PM

Moz,

It seems you got the deal of deals - 707 is a great unit and short of the penthouses you couldn't go any higher. If you check out Kim's post above, you'll get a pretty good idea of your view. Remember, though, while it doesn't often happen, the management always reserves the right to change the rooms at the last minute, even with a confirmed timeshare exchange. You'll be looking out over the pool area towards Marigot and the distant views at night will be the lights twinkling on Anguilla. Good for you!!

Respectfully,

pat

Date: November 22, 2004 09:34AM

Thank you and Thanks to Kim for the views. We are looking forward to it.

Re: Towers Mullet Bay
Posted by: Debra Krueger (65.113.108.---)
Date: September 19, 2006 12:51PM

Can you tell me anything (views) about unit #509 at the Towers. Thank you. Debra

Date: September 19, 2006 02:24PM

These were taken from 609, directly above 509, this first was taken off the front small corner porch from the master bedroom

these two were taken from the main porch off the living area, I don't recall what year I took these, but it was a very, very dry April!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |