- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: tattoos
Posted by: Joe (---.rdu.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 05, 2003 07:13PM

No hostility meant. I like these two also!

I’m a conservative guy with two hidden tattoos myself and just love seeing others who secretly defy stereotypes. My blurb above was more of a statement on how much stuff on every imaginable SXM issue that people here seem to know off the top of their heads, yet no one could offer any definitive help on the tattoo issue. Just sort of a surprising little chink in the ‘Friendly Island Forum’ armor...

Now lets get to this “other thing” you mentioned....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: River Rat (---.eugn.qwest.net)
Date: September 21, 2004 10:18AM

It's been over a month, haven't seen anything more about tattoos. We are getting ready to go and I will be checking out Carzy Tottoo and looking for any other parlour. I'm a professional who is almost totally sleeved.
We leave Friday, so if anyone has any updates, I'd like to hear soon.
Thanks.

Posted by: River Rat (---.eugn.qwest.net)
Date: October 10, 2004 08:36PM

To anyone who wants a tattoo on Sint Maarten.
We just got back on Sat., on Fri. I had a tattoo done by Baix at Baix Tattoo located Welfareroad 63 in Simpson Bay. e-mail dbaix@hotmail.com or phone 00599-5229392. She does great work, reasonable rates, clean (VERY CLEAN) and interesting to talk to. I highly recomend her to anyone. She also does piercings.
Take care and be well and tell Baix that you read about her from me.River Rat wrote:

> It's been over a month, haven't seen anything more about
> tattoos. We are getting ready to go and I will be checking out
> Carzy Tottoo and looking for any other parlour. I'm a
> professional who is almost totally sleeved.
> We leave Friday, so if anyone has any updates, I'd like to
> hear soon.
> Thanks.
>

Tatoo removal
Posted by: Vanessa (72.252.15.---)
Date: June 19, 2005 05:10PM

Hey i am coming to St.Maarten real soon.
I would like to know where can i find a place on ST.Maarten to remove a tatoo?
Please advise the best place ever on St.Maarten

Awaiting your reply

Posted by: scottie (---.rcc.org)
Date: July 29, 2006 02:19PM

Got my first one on my 50th birthday. Got another one since then.

Posted by: Charles (---.tycoelectronics.net)
Date: August 02, 2006 04:22PM

ME,

Here's hoping the two of you have the greatest trip and find the right artist before you leave to come home.

I wish I could make a recommendation, but no parlor comes to mind right offhand -- it's never ocurred to me to get inked on SXM.

I'd recommend asking around, bartenders and some of the locals probably would be happy to give you some ideas.

Have fun!

Posted by: travelertosxmer (---.vnnyca.adelphia.net)
Date: August 06, 2006 08:57PM

Just think in 20 yrs you'll hear the question.... Whats that big blue blob on your leg grandma? a dead palm tree?

Posted by: lynn (199.231.28.---)
Date: August 07, 2006 11:56AM

I think I saw a Tatto place in philipsburg near where the cruise ships are. I think its a wonderful Idea. My husband and I celebrated our 15 year anniv and 15 years going to the Island. He bought me a new setting for my diamond and a new wedding band.

We were just talking about how I would like to get a tatto of a little map of the island.
Enjoy your trip and your tattos!

Posted by: Mary Ann Perkins (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 10, 2006 08:00AM

14Just came back from SXM 2 weeks ago. A friend of ours wife had just passed away recently and He wanted a tatoo of her name on his arm with a setiment from their wedding day. There is a small place at the Simpson Bay Marina plaza near Jimbos restaurant. The name of the tatoo place is called Nasty Tatoo. (who would have thought of that name!) We went there and the guy is fantastic. He wont Tatoo you if you are under the influence of alcohol, something about thinning the blood and it coming out sloppy. He suggests that you wait 2-3 days to be sureof the design. If he don't have the design you want, he will sketch it for you until it's exactly the way you want it. He only uses sterilized prepacked equiptment and destroys the needle when he is done. "Johns" tatoo came out beautifully. Better than most I have seen in the states. Bring NeoSporin with you and keep it coated while there. His was completely healed in about 4-5 days. You will not be unhappy with this artist. Look for the Jimbo's sign and it's in the building to the left. Hope this helps. Go look, you will be impressed.

Posted by: rickscott (---.cinci.res.rr.com)
Date: August 10, 2006 08:20PM

I hear there is a new gel substance called "Wrecking Balm" for tatoo removal if you decide you made a big mistake or time changes your mind about one you got.

Posted by: Logic (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: October 04, 2006 05:27AM

Hey Pips,
There's a new tattoo parlor on front street. The dude is GOOD, trust me. I got my wifes portrait done on my back. The adress front street #92. Its in the royal palm plaza, thats the building between the l'escargot restaurant and the Methodist church. He does Airbrush temporary tatoo's too. i think he's the only on one on the island too. He does Piercings too.

Posted by: paulsxm (72.252.15.---)
Date: January 09, 2007 04:32PM

thank you for the great comments mary ann..
i just wanted to post that i have moved the shop since then..
i'm now located at welfare road 46 (opposite the caribbean cinema's) only 5 minutes from the old location..
and i have changed the name to 'Tattoo INKorporated' (i wasn't really happy with the name nasty tattoo)
i have a personal website with usefull tattoo-info and pictures of my work (www.kustomart.nl), soon i will make a website for the tattoo shop, when i have some time..
greets from the friendly island!

paul alexander
Tattoo INKorporated St. Maarten, N.A.

Mary Ann Perkins Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 14Just came back from SXM 2 weeks ago. A friend
> of ours wife had just passed away recently and He
> wanted a tatoo of her name on his arm with a
> setiment from their wedding day. There is a small
> place at the Simpson Bay Marina plaza near Jimbos
> restaurant. The name of the tatoo place is called
> Nasty Tatoo. (who would have thought of that
> name!) We went there and the guy is fantastic.
> He wont Tatoo you if you are under the influence
> of alcohol, something about thinning the blood and
> it coming out sloppy. He suggests that you wait
> 2-3 days to be sureof the design. If he don't
> have the design you want, he will sketch it for
> you until it's exactly the way you want it. He
> only uses sterilized prepacked equiptment and
> destroys the needle when he is done. "Johns"
> tatoo came out beautifully. Better than most I
> have seen in the states. Bring NeoSporin with you
> and keep it coated while there. His was completely
> healed in about 4-5 days. You will not be unhappy
> with this artist. Look for the Jimbo's sign and
> it's in the building to the left. Hope this helps.
> Go look, you will be impressed.

Posted by: Francisco (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: February 09, 2007 06:53AM

Hey ppl, i know im kind of late, but still, this might help someone els.
ST. MAARTEN has opened its doors to one of the best tattoo artist in the caribbean. His name is CARLOS MUNOZ. Small dude but has a mind bigger then this world. He's located in teh Royal Palm Plaza on Front street #92 ( its the building between the methodist church and Léscargo restaurant) You can see some of his work here www.sxmtattoo.com They do piercings there too. Lots And Lots of flash and he works with the best inks.All brand new needles!( very important i dont trust the ones that say they sterelize them) Prices are reasonable and you can always say "I love ST MAARTEN" and he'll give you a discount! smiling smiley

Posted by: betty (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: February 12, 2007 09:44AM

I would not trust the needles in St. Maarten

Posted by: Elaine (---.p1.ragingwire.net)
Date: February 12, 2007 01:01PM

Why not?

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |