| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: tattoos
Posted by: Canary (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 04, 2003 01:10PM

Suggestion #1: How about you getting one that says "Billy Bob" and he gets one
that says "Angelina".

Suggestion #2: Get his and hers bottles of DNA on a rope, that way you can always reproduce each other if something goes wrong.

Had a friend in the service that had an alligator tattooed on each shoulder. Somehow he got the Medicos to remove them. Back then, (RVN '70) they removed them by taking a quarter inch of skin off every two weeks from each shoulder (arm). Painful, tropical rainforest, hot, humid.....Needless to say it was an interesting summer not counting going into Cambodia. LOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 04, 2003 01:17PM

Sorry, but I love this subject. Another story.

While living in Hawaii a few years ago, I was walking down Kalakaua Ave and a young gal was walking in front of me with a tattoo on each calf. In two inch block letters vertically she had "TANK" on the left calf and "GIRL" on the right calf. I just wish the movie had been a bigger hit for her......I think she was in the military, probably got some great "back in the day" stories to tell the kiddies now. LOL

Posted by: ME (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: August 04, 2003 01:19PM

Yeah, we might consider billy bob and angelie - but i've never kissed my brother and my husband isn't afraid of antique furniture - I know my celebrity gossip, thank you very much.

The key to tattoos is placement, ie discreet - FYI - just below the hip-line works well. I am a midwest conservative lawyer. People wouldn't believe it if I told 'em.

Posted by: AlanB (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: August 04, 2003 02:53PM

Does anybody have a concern about licensing and this issue of hygene guidelines on the island? Do we know if new needles are used for each job, or if not, if the old equipement is autoclaved?

I would make me nervous.

Date: August 04, 2003 03:22PM

Of course!! I'm not in for some guy working in his dirty kitchen. There are things I call the non-negotiables in life.... seat belts, please and thank you, only licensed/approved tat joints - including I must witness removal of anything- needles/equipment from original packaging, or I'm not playing. There are more if anyone needs any help.

Posted by: TJM (---.200-68.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: August 04, 2003 03:52PM

Now that we are all just talking again . . . can I think out loud?

TJM

Posted by: Joe (---.rdu.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 04, 2003 04:06PM

As the guy above said, there is a place around Simpson Bay. I remember driving by it a few weeks ago, but I can't seem to find any tatto places in the phonebook as I look now.

There is a 'Tatoo Resrtaurant' in Baie Nettle. Might be the guy in the dirty kitchen' scence you mentioned above, but odds are the owner might know some good local places... Perhaps it's even a theme there and many of the wait staff have them. This may be a total dead end, but here the number 05-90-87-78-64 . Off the top of my head, I don't knwo the procedure for dialing from the US. No doubt someone here will help.

Date: August 04, 2003 06:18PM

Well, it has been interesting folks. I must drop out of the fun and go pack my things. My hopes for an anniversary tattoo are dwindling, but if it does happen I will be sure to let you know. In the meantime, chat away, think out loud, and have a swell time. We'll be on the beach in less than 24 hours...internetless.

p.s. Thanks for your input and we will check out the simpson bay area and possibly the restaurant as well. Might make for another great story.

Date: August 04, 2003 07:28PM

Okay - I'm the husband who's not afraid of antique furniture... (even though I don't care much for it...)

Anyone who could provide a name of this tattoo joint would be much appreciated... We'll also be going to St. Barth's and maybe Anguilla - Perhaps there's another tattoo opportunity there... ? Does anyone know ... ?

Either way I know we'll have a good time ...

Later

Date: August 04, 2003 09:12PM

You'll do fine . . . 'cause you got the gris gris. Let us know . . . 'cause we just dunno! Have fun.

TJM

Date: August 04, 2003 09:27PM

I lived on St Barths for three years, I have no recollection of any tattoo parlor....but can't say if there is one there now or not.
Tats are not as popular as they were in the ninties, but just one persons thoughts. I put St Barths web site on <ttp://www.st-barths.com/homeeng.html> as a reference but didn't see anything.

Posted by: Joe (---.rdu.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 04, 2003 10:05PM

All these resources and we can't even help a mid-west conservative lawyer deface his own body on a tropical island.

A sad day indeed...

I think this is how fireman feal when they 'lose one'...

Date: August 04, 2003 10:22PM

My wife may not know that tattoos are "out" but don't get going on the lawyer jokes... they are certainly stale and she'll come back and read this stuff and you won't get to hear her ask for some other thing that will get you all going. She says she is conservative and she is professionally.... but she is pretty cool. Pretty too.

Posted by: Be Careful (---.nyc2.dsl.speakeasy.net)
Date: August 04, 2003 10:42PM

In the Caribbean. Yellow-Pages on line sight, on the French side, there's an entry that reads:

Carzy Tottoo
Address: Res. Agur
Mailing Address: Res. Agur
Phone: (590) 87-0709

Maybe the name is actually Crazy Tottoo. I don't know how to say tattoo in French.
Only thing I've been able to find and don't know if this is a current listing, where the Residence Agur is, or anything else. Otherwise, the only tattoos I've seen are temporary tattoos that are available at a couple of the beach bars on Orient Beach.

Date: August 04, 2003 10:45PM

I don't care who these folks are . . . but I sure like 'em. They are MUTTS!!!!! Jus' like us!!!! Hihihihihi!!!!

TJM

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |