The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Prestige Auto Rental any good?
Posted by: John (---.client.attbi.com)
Date: April 12, 2002 09:34PM

Hello,
Coming to St. Martin later in April, and was inquiring about rental of an auto from Prestige. Has anyone used them? Any complaints or tips?
Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Prestige Auto Rental any good?
Posted by: TIME TO START A NEW AIRLINE (---.unnamed.cdc.net)
Date: April 13, 2002 11:22PM

Walk around the car 10 times and note the dents. I have rented at Hertz with a car that had 50 miles on it and 2 dents. No matter who you use, Buyer be Advised!!

Posted by: Irina (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 14, 2002 09:48AM

We use Prestige every year. They are nice and accomodating. Have never had a problem with them. They even did the paperwork at our condo once.
Also known as Value Car Rental. One name for French side, one for Dutch.

Posted by: Ken & Kathy (63.90.142.---)
Date: April 15, 2002 01:40PM

WE use safari and only deal with ALBERTO. If you tell him Ken & Kathy sent you he'll give you a great rate on a weekly rental. His e-mail: safari@sintmaarten.net If you deside not to use him but want to get a car when you arrive DO NOT pass the rental kescos(sp) as you exit the airport termainal building because the guards will not let you return............ If you think you can get a better deal(you can't) rent a car on the spot for 1 day and than you can get around (its only about 1/2mile to the car rental shops) . Maybe you'll be more comfortable that way. Anyway to see more of the island you do need to rent a car.. Gar is about 3.50us a gal. so get a Toyota and when you buy gas get $10.00us that schould get you $18.00naf at the texaco stations. P.S. get out of the car and look at the pump when they pump it. Its in liders. Go luck on your trip!!! WE go 8 weeks a year and have for 7 yrs. JUST LOVE THE ISLAND!!!!!

Posted by: Jerry Berkowitz (---.kcls.org)
Date: September 02, 2007 07:33PM

I use Safari on the Dutch side, make arrangements before I leave home, and get the papers at the airport before I leave. The guy I go through is Derek Vlaun. I've rented 5 times and never had a problem.

Two things I now do every time:

1) I get the accident/road hazard insurance. Didn't do it the first time, had to pay for a flat tire, was not cheap. The insurance is about $10/day. The roads are bad and those people drive like maniacs, and the peace of mind is just the ticket while on vacation

2) I photograph every square inch of the car before I leave, including the car in front of the Safari sign and with the guy who gives me the keys. Takes about 30 seconds, and then there's no question of who gave me the car or what condition the car was in when I took possession of it.

Posted by: itsmejude (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: September 03, 2007 09:39AM

Can I rent from them at the airport?
Judy

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |