The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Private boat rental?
Posted by: m and n (---.ia4.marketscore.com)
Date: March 23, 2002 09:24PM

Hi!

More questions...any info on renting a small private motor boat to tool around and check out the surrounding islands and beaches? Everything I've seen has been yachts, big boats, etc. This is our honeymoon and we are looking for a private escape without paying a fortune. DaIily rate, names, etc would be appreciated, if possible. We aren't going until September sad smiley, but looking forward to it!!
Thanx!
m and n

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Private boat rental?
Posted by: Eddie (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 23, 2002 10:10PM

There is a place in Simpson bay that rents boats near Lee's Road Side Grille. Don' t remember the name of the place but they have 18' boats for rent for about 180 dollars a day plus gas. Be very careful of Coral Reefs , because that is the reason you do not see many rental boats without Captians.

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 24, 2002 12:57PM

We rented a small boat 18-20' at the Marina Port Royale in Marigot for a day. Don't remember the cost but it didn't break the bank and we had a lot of fun.

Posted by: coleinkc (---.planetkc.com)
Date: March 24, 2002 02:57PM

More info please, where did you go? can you go to titamaran?
Thanks Coleinkc

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 24, 2002 04:06PM

We stayed mostly within the Simpson Lagoon area - although we weren't told we had to. We primarily wanted to check out many of the properties around the lagoon and just thought this might be the easiest way to do this. We could have taken the boat under the drawbridge and out through Simpson Bay or through Marigot and out and I suppose we could have gone to Tintamarre but that wasn't our purpose. I mean we weren't told we couldn't. Basically, we went to the Marina, picked out what we wanted from what was available - rubber dinghies to large fishing boats w/crews - gave them a cc imprint - got some pointers and were on our way. Brought the boat back a few hours later but did have fun while we were out. Not much info here, coleinkc, but I hope it helps.

Posted by: EJ (---.wwwhr.com)
Date: March 25, 2002 11:24AM

You can go to Tintamarre- we didn't, but friends of ours did for the day and said it was a blast. There's a boat rental place called Aqua Sport or something like that in the Simpson Bay area, near Lee's and on the same side of the road as Lee's. I believe the price was about $200 for the day, a little extra if you want a captain.

Posted by: stefan godin (---.24-200-24.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: November 14, 2007 05:52AM

i was looking to rent for 2 days a 28 to 30 footer (sail boat)...
but all i can find has a minimum of 1 week. i am positive i should be able to find a boat between 2 weeks for cheap. any suggestions.

Posted by: jkaye (---.dsl.cavtel.net)
Date: November 19, 2007 04:24PM

You can rent sail boats in Marigot at the marina. They advertis 1 day to 1 week or longer. But you need to go to marina they have signs on the back of the boats.

Posted by: Davids (---.w80-8.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: November 22, 2007 02:52PM

Try this link, you can find some private boat for rent.
They removed some like the very nice oceanis 400, the sailboat i rent last year. It was my favourite but they still have a good choice.

Posted by: protocell (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 26, 2007 12:42PM

Neil who owns the Celine and docks it at Skip Jacks in Simpson Bay does bar hopping and daily trips.His boat is also available for charters. I have used him in the past to entertain friends with a 2 hour lagoon trip. He can be reached at Neil@caribserve.net . He's a good man who wants to give you and your friends a good time

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |