- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Towers at Mullet Bay
Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 16, 2009 09:31AM

Becareful with children of the huge waves in the Mullet Beach water. Sometimes the water looks calm and other times large waves will happen.SXM has several beaches with calm water all the time but as said before you will need a car.good luck.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 16, 2009 10:07AM

Bob,

Good information along with the fact that the character of Mullet Beach can change in a couple of hours time.

It's always been our favorite and since Towers guests do receive free beach chairs there it's a usual choice for many guests.

We've been there when the waves in my bathtub have been bigger and we've also been there when the surfers were out enjoying the waves. March '08 the ocean swells were so severe along much of the island there were a few days when Mullet was unswimmable for most of us and in fact, it was the first time I ever saw the beach closed by an island 'sheriff' and a member of the Soualiga Patrol (which lasted until they were out of sight, I might add....) so it's always a good thing to check the beach conditions every day.

Being there with two year olds will be an experience, for sure. Last month my daughter and son in law were with us and their two year old was pretty skeptical of the water. For about a day that is, but they also found, as much as she loved the ocean and playing in the sand, she really enjoyed the pool at The Towers. One end is particularly shallow and the little ones seem to gravitate to the steps on that end.

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 16, 2009 02:28PM

Pat, I think I told you I was knocked down by one of those huge waves.The first and only time I went in the water there during Feb 81.The pool at the Towers is very nice but the water was too cold for me. I know kids don't mind and have fun but I need warmer water. HaHa.

Posted by: April (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: May 20, 2009 11:14AM

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the great info! About the car, do you recommend any business in particular to rent from? I was just going to rent on-line from one of the travel web sites. And I was wondering about the kids' car seats... we should take the car seats out too? Do you think someone will steal children's car seats out of a rental car?

I have also been trying to find the Towers on-line. I only have a name and a confirmation number, but no phone number and no email for them. Which is strange, but I didn't notice it until I wanted to contact them about our upcoming stay. I was wondering if you or anyone else has their website, email, phone # ect...

With all the concern for leaving valuables a rental car.... is this area safe to travel to with two small children? Is there alot of crime? Or just theft from rental cars?

Thanks again!
April smiling smiley

Posted by: Sue (72.10.105.---)
Date: May 21, 2009 10:19AM

The Towers sadly doesn't seem to have a working email address.(it was= towersrsv@megatropic.com) It would surely make life easier if it did work. However,here's the toll free number=
1-800-235-5889
Other number- which will cost you= 011-599-545-3069
Fax= 011-599-545-2147
I know Pat can give you great info on cars/car seats. She's the Towers' guru!!

Posted by: mary Ann Tuttle (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 30, 2009 06:57PM

Hello,
What is happening to the Mullet Bay Property ???? It has been in rack and ruin for 15 years now !!!! What's the story with this place. I have a timeshare there but have not used it since '96 !!! Thanks.
MAT

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 31, 2009 06:43PM

Mary Ann,

Are you aware there is now an owners site for The Towers at Mullet Bay?

You do have to register but you might get better information that way.

www.towerstimeshare.com

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Anonymous User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello,
> What is happening to the Mullet Bay
> Property ???? It has been in rack and ruin for 15
> years now !!!! What's the story with this place. I
> have a timeshare there but have not used it since
> '96 !!! Thanks.
> MAT

taxi service in Anse Marcel
Posted by: Art (---.ss.shawcable.net)
Date: January 24, 2010 07:18PM

Hello from Canada,

Going to St Martin for the 1st time. Looking for a recommendation on taxi service compared to an auto rental. Are taxi's accessible in this area and recommended? Also, what is the cost for 5 of us to get from the airport to this area?

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: January 25, 2010 07:31AM

the front desk will always help you with taxis. this is a good taxi service though from what I am told.
Genesis Taxi
GENESIS
Taxi Dispatch Service
St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles

HOT LINE 9221
Telephone: (599) 542-0220
Fax: (599) 542-0220
Email address: genesis_taxi_transportation_services@hotmail.com

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |