The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
IM OK FOR NOW
Posted by: LANCE FROM NY (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 13, 2001 12:46AM

hi everybody it s Lance again after 16 grueling hours at work i might as well type something. all is well at rock center for now that we are on high alert for at least until the rest of the year. all is well so far but let me tell you- at 10:00 pm i thought here we go again- all of a sudden i take a ride up to the top of the 30 rockefeller - 69 flights up - i take a look down town just to see nothing but smoke . all of a sudden on my radio i get a call to report down to my control center forthwith. oh my god what happened now- at 10;00 pm we hear over the police scanner radio all subways and pedestrian cannot go near THE EMPIRE STATES BUILDING- NYPD LOCKED DOWN 42 STREET TO 23RD STREET ! ( at the control center we have a scanner to pick up all NYPD and FDNY calls ) a bomb dog belonging to EMPIRE STATES BUILDING pick up a scent then sat down. that's how they are trained. to sit when they smell something funny. NYPD dogs arrived - thank god the building has been shut down all day. now i have every big shot in my company going crazy and the phones lid up- after about in hour of listening to these police do ther job the EMPIRE STATES BUILDING GOT AN ALL CLEAR - THANK YOU LORD- THANK YOU ALL FOR CARING FOR ME !! im a little weary of flying down to SXM in a couple of months. at this moment i have no idea if i lost any of my freinds that are stock brokers in the WORLD TRADE CENTER. I'VE LOST MY THOUGHTS AT THE MOMENT GOOD NIGHT- ALL-- IT'S TIME TO GO TO SLEEP!! i will try to keep you guys posted from the inside. peace out !!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IM OK FOR NOW
Posted by: contessa (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 13, 2001 07:03AM

Thank God you're fine, Lance......our hearts go out to all! God Bless and stay well!
Peace,
contessa

Posted by: Suzanne (---.fll.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 13, 2001 10:20AM

God Bless Lance. Glad to here your ok.
Suzanne

Posted by: Barbara1 (63.104.84.---)
Date: September 13, 2001 11:02AM

Lance
I saw that on TV last night and freaked out..immediately called my daughter to make sure she was nowhere near the vicinity. I heard Penn Station was shut down too?
what a scary time for all of you
thank God you are safe!

Posted by: Dave (---.sympatico.ca)
Date: September 13, 2001 12:32PM

Penn Station and the Empire State Building were both closed down due to Bomb threats...however both proved to be false, so they were given the All-clear.

Posted by: Chas (192.190.16.---)
Date: September 13, 2001 01:28PM

Lance and all NYC residents;

Please feel free to rant and ramble your thoughts. Even though Gert originally created this site to keep people in touch during hurricane disasters, I'm sure he could never have pictured something of this magnitude.

Being a victim of Luis in 95, part of the most frustrating feelings was not being able to communicate with the outside world and knowing that there is still some semblance of normalicy out there.

Posted by: Ed (nine510) (---.public.svc.webtv.net)
Date: September 13, 2001 03:21PM

Yes, glad to hear you're alright Lance,
hang in there.

Ed

Posted by: Vicki (---.mad.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 13, 2001 10:27PM

Hi Lance, I'm sure you're being kept very busy right now but glad to hear that you're OK. The casualties so far from my area are 1 son presumed dead and the ENTIRE branch of one of our Member's company all unaccounted for (they were on the 110th floor). Fortunate for the Club Member, he was at a different branch at the time. I used to work in the City for 15 years and at the WTC on the 30th floor at 1 WTC for 5 of those years. I hated going there, even back then. Even when the building swayed during high winds, I would inwardly be afraid. I do remember watching the big Statue of Liberty celebrations many years ago from the office but I believe that I am sooooo fortunate that my decision to leave NY and work in NJ was maybe the smartest move I could have ever made. If I had stayed working in the Coffee industry, I don't believe I would be alive right now. The son, mentioned above, that was presumed dead worked on the 31st floor. Well, I will stop rambling and end by saying that it didn't really sink in until today what had really happened. Reading the accounts of the woman who listened to her husband on the cell phone from the Pittsburgh plane say his good byes brought tears to my eyes and left me thinking that this man was a hero and should be noted in history as a hero. He and a few others thwarted what may have been an additional disaster. Who knows how many more would have died. God Bless and take care of Jeremy Glick wherever he may be and may his newborn grow up knowing that his Daddy was also a hero and not just a casualty.

Date: September 14, 2001 02:05AM

my heart goes out to those people - but right now i have no idea who has been on there way to god - over 50 bomb scares and counting for thurs - i was getting off the bus at SAKS 5th ave avenue and all of a sudden there 's about 200 women runnning out of SAKS 5th ave - after this man yelled the b word. i never moved so fast !!! then i have to stay across the street and for work -- 8 hours !!! and once again i have changed my mind on flying maybe ill drive to florida and take a boat to SXM --- not !!!! lets all united and send out our love to those who need it - see ya in NOVEMBER !!!!!!!!! - SORRY I HAD TO YELL lol thanks GERT !!!!

Posted by: Chas (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 14, 2001 05:24AM

Lance;

If you're there from Nov 3 - 10th, we'll be sure to look for you. You can wear your Yankee hat and I'll wear my Giants hat and we can talked world series.

I doubt if there will be a need to wear my Red Sox hat. LOL!

Posted by: Jojo (---.sjc.netsetter.com)
Date: September 14, 2001 10:38AM

Lance, glad to hear that you are okay. Take care and pray that every day that passes by gets a little bit better for all of us. We need to stay strong. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Date: September 14, 2001 01:44PM

thanks chas i be needing those ice cold caribs !!! i be landing on weds the 7th and leaving on the 14th american airlines just changed the flight on the way back. see you then- thank you all for your SUPPORT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: GAL SAL (---.public.svc.webtv.net)
Date: September 14, 2001 07:50PM

hey lance, just came from outside my house. lit my candle and said a prayer for ALL. you know you stand there with a candle and try to remember what prayers to say to yourself, but it doesn't matter what you verbally say, it's what's in our hearts and let me tell you friends, we are wonderful on this board, worrying about each other, even if we are all not americans......i am true red white and blue and as a NEW YORKER i want to thank everyone who is not for their genuine concerns. when i lived in the bronx, there was one window in my apartment where on a clear day, i could actually see the NY Skyline. hen the TWIN TOWERS was completed and it was awesome! just this past may we went to ellis island and i took many pictures of the skyline and now i appreciate them even more. you know this tragedy may put back the love that has been missing in this world. people care--------- they really DO....unfortunately we find out the "hard way".....GOD BLESS AMERICA and HER FRIENDS!!!!! THANKS, MERCI, GRAZIE, GRACIAS, DANKERSHANE, ETC ETC ETC

Posted by: Janie (---.tnt1.lafayette.in.da.uu.net)
Date: September 15, 2001 11:22PM

Lance,so glad to hear it! God Bless this country and all who love it. Yes, our genuine caring side does come out and we set aside our petty gripes when tragety strikes. Wouldn't it be great if we could hold on to this attitude of caring & concern for others - always.
Let's all be sure to remember the hug, kiss, smile...the words I love you...can change the attitude of each person we pass it on to, each and every day.
Kindness is really a powerful force !
Janie yawning smiley)

Posted by: Jojo (---.sjc.netsetter.com)
Date: September 17, 2001 10:38AM

We always care deeply when a tragety happens, as human beings that is a normal feeling that is built inside of us and I hope we never loose it. I have never seen so much caring and support in all my life, no matter who i talk too about this tragety their eyes tear up when talking about it. It makes me feel good to know that people do care very deeply. GOD BLESS THE PEOPLE WHO LOST A LOVE ONE AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |