- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Help out Turks and Caicos
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: September 09, 2008 05:41PM

how can we donate to the Red Cross then? any donation pages for Cuba?
I did find this news story though..saying the USA was going to donate humanitarian efforts..this was after Gustav.
so I am not sure what the real story is here.
Actually I always thought truthfully that humanitarian help was allowed even though the embargo was still in place.???

[www.reuters.com]

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: September 09, 2008 05:48PM

Well.. reading the international press, I mean European press, the rest of the world will proceed to humanitarian aid doesn't matter what this administration in Washington is saying ...
I am doing some search to find out how to go through, I am reading about red Cross, United Nation, French and European Non Governemental organisation,etc... Everything is in process to be put in place, hopefully the media will also support the action so we will be able to find the "help" and "donation" chanel easy...

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 09, 2008 05:57PM

Let us know what you find.
Also I see that the Haitian community here is trying to organize something here for aid to Haiti too.
Man, there are so many place that need help,you don't know where to start

Date: September 09, 2008 06:10PM

OXFAM SOLIDARITE, is an Belgium/French non governemental organisation prt of OXFAM INTERNATIONAL, and they are the one in charge to coordonate the emergency help and aid for Cuba and Haiti...
The webpage below was in French but by using translation tool it worked... You have the info of the person in charge at La Havana and the info of the head of Oxfm Solidarite with her cell phone, s well as the bank account info for donations...:

Marc Ingelbrecht, representative of Oxfam Solidarity with Cuba and Haiti, based in Havana, tel. 0493 63 17 03 – ingelb@yahoo.com
Mirjam Van Belle, head of humanitarian Oxfam Solidarity, tel. 02 501 67 44 – gsm : 0497 43 57 13 02 501 67 44 - mobile: 0497 43 57 13
And
OXFAM SOLIDARITE

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 09, 2008 06:12PM

I am reposting it since it went above...:

OXFAM SOLIDARITE, is an Belgium/French non governemental organisation prt of OXFAM INTERNATIONAL, and they are the one in charge to coordonate the emergency help and aid for Cuba and Haiti...
The webpage below was in French but by using translation tool it worked... You have the info of the person in charge at La Havana and the info of the head of Oxfm Solidarite with her cell phone, s well as the bank account info for donations...:

Marc Ingelbrecht, representative of Oxfam Solidarity with Cuba and Haiti, based in Havana, tel. 0493 63 17 03 – ingelb@yahoo.com
Mirjam Van Belle, head of humanitarian Oxfam Solidarity, tel. 02 501 67 44 – gsm : 0497 43 57 13 02 501 67 44 - mobile: 0497 43 57 13
And
OXFAM SOLIDARITE

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 09, 2008 06:22PM

[www.ifrc.org]

[www.ifrc.org]

[www.wfp.org]

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 09, 2008 08:17PM

I just found this on stormcrib.com, posted by Gert

Jeff Masters who writes an excellent hurricane blog on wunderground.com mentioned the Lambi Fund of Haiti. He wrote: "The charity seeks not just to provide much needed temporary food aid, but to make investments in sustainable development in an effort to restore environmental integrity and reduce poverty. One of the main places my donations have gone is to fund the purchase and planting of thousands of trees on Haiti's denuded mountainsides. These treeless slopes, missing more than 98% of their original forest cover, allow flood waters from hurricanes to rush down and cause the mind-numbing loss of life we've grown to expect with each hurricane that affects Haiti. If you're looking to help out in the country in the Western Hemisphere that needs the most help, consider a donation to the Lambi Fund."

[www.lambifund.org]

Re: Help out Turks and Caicos, Haiti, & Cuba
Posted by: BIGDENX (---.63.8.67.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: September 10, 2008 01:31PM

Hey!

It's good to see communication from the ones responsible for the disbursement of relief funds.

This is a worthy effort and the $$$ will get into the right hands.....casualties of the hurricanes.

"Dear Friends

Many thanks for your generous donation to the Salt Cay recovery funds. I wish I could tell you that it is tax deductible, but that is not the case.

The money collected in the Friends of Salt Cay account will be applied to the recovery of individuals and families - ie Belongers, Haitians - on Salt Cay for temporary personal expenses, repair of living quarters, and general island infrastructure, probably in that order of priority. Decisions will be made by a small group of people, relying importantly on reports back from people on the island. So far, we have committed $500 to Nelson Hay who is enroute (we believe) with a plane load of supplies. As it is only a few days since the storm, this is a rapidly evolving situation with new, and sometimes conflicting, information coming in throughout each day.

In the near term, cash will be brought down to the island by people who are actually traveling there; they will be reimbursed for some or all of the money they spend (most likely in the US) against the priorities listed above.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts about the best way these funds can be put to use. We will accomodate as much as possible.

Sincerely,

Jim Tew"

Any contribution will help, the pictures tell the story and the Island people have little to rebuild with.

Denis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking for spoilers and reviews on the new TV season? Get AOL's ultimate guide to fall TV.

Re: Help out Turks and Caicos, Haiti, & Cuba
Date: September 15, 2008 11:09AM

this post is about helping out those who need help.
I believe the important links have been posted already so there is no need for further comment.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |