The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

DSMTSO - A useless organization and 25 dollars a year
Posted by: OtherHalf (12.16.111.---)
Date: August 13, 2007 09:26PM

As a owner at Divi Little Bay and a member of this, so called, organization, I have waited patiently for their action against Divi's Special Maintenance Fee. Instead AFTER SIX MONTHS, we get it is against their by-laws to take action, yes as well as other factors. 6 months ago they knew they couldn't do anything, yet they strung their membership on to believe they could. Useless, totally useless.

Anyone still want to proceed independently from the useless entity called DSMTSO? The Atrium and Sapphire owners won. We can too.

Re: DSMTSO - A useless organization and 25 dollars a year
Posted by: libra923 (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 13, 2007 10:24PM

I have to agree with you, however we as owners probably should have persued it I suppose rather than waiting. I contacted them after receiving the package from Divi, and received an e-mail stating that the fee should not be paid until they gave us further infomation, todate I've heard nothing else. When I was there in late May and talked to other owners, most were upset regarding the additional fees, however no one seemed to have an answer. I have to say the up grade is great, my unit had been totally remodeled and was very nice. The thing that bugs me most is that some owners pay only when they use their units, then there are those of us who must pay maintenance fees whether we go or not. I was told in so many words, that that was part of the issue. Right now it appears we don't have much of a choice, that is if we want to continue to use our units. However, if owners are willing to do what the owners at Atrium & Sapphire did count me in.

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |