The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

St-Marteen carnival 2007
Posted by: cmarion (---.pch.gc.ca)
Date: February 27, 2007 11:51AM

Hello everyone,

My husband and I will be in St-Maarten from April 21 to the 28 and I was wondering which carnival activities to take in. I saw the website, but I find that it is not complete. Information from locals would be much appreciated.

Also, where do most activities take place? Is it in Philipsburg? We will probably be staying at the Maho.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: St-Marteen carnival 2007
Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: February 27, 2007 12:16PM

Most night stuff is at Carnival Village by POndfill Road but the parades go right down Front St and are worth the effort to go see at least once or twice. The children's parade is beautiful to see but my favorite is the precarnival parades that go down front St. at night with all the trucks and all the speakers and all the happy people dancing on the street. Only stumbled on it by accident but it was a lot of fun and the music made the street vibrate under your feet.

Posted by: cmarion (---.pch.gc.ca)
Date: March 02, 2007 09:25AM

Nobody else has information about the Carnival??? I'm very disappointed. I thought this was a helpful site.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: March 02, 2007 10:05AM

wat more do you want to know?
here is the carnival schedule
[www.simadom.com]

the "village" is located past the University of St. Maarten, off the pondfill Road in philipsburg.
That is where all activities and shows take place. the most fun shows are reggae night and latin night but any night the village is open and you can get fabulous local food there from the many booths.
The Grand Parade takes place on April 30th and is a don't miss it kind of thing. it starts near the roundabout at Grande Marche supermarket outisde Philipsburg and it goes on all day..into Philipsburg, up Front Street and around to the canrival village..
some people like to go into town early.. parking is difficult..and there are road closures later.... and have lunch on the boardwalk and hang around until the parade passes by on front street..usually late afternoon.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |