The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

taxi cabs
Posted by: linda (---.bflony.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 27, 2007 10:29AM

does anyone know how much a round trip taxi cab ride is from Orient to Grand Case?

can I rent a car for three days? at what cost?

thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: taxi cabs
Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 27, 2007 07:38PM

Linda,

Why don't you send e-mails to some of the local car rental agencies and ask them for price quotes. Prices vary from season to season and week to week within the different seasons. I could be mistaken about this but I believe I've read that daily rentals are generally more expensive than weekly rentals, but again, I'm sure that would vary from agency to agency and time of year, etc.

If it helps, we've tried many different agencies over the years but we've been using Lesley Bruce of Kenny's Car Rentals - bruce@sintmaarten.net and have been very pleased with him over the past 6-7 years. Most frequent visitors have their favorites but I'm afraid this is the only one I'm currently personally familiar with. I will throw in the caveat that many frequent visitors prefer dealing with a local agency as opposed to the big name brands you might be more familiar with at home.

Respectfully,

pat
:-) :-)

Re: taxi cabs
Posted by: linda (---.bflony.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 28, 2007 10:57AM

Pat,
thank you for respoding to my question.
We are staying on Orient and are trying to figure if there is enough of a selection for meals, drinks, etc not to have a car. From what I have read there is a small market right at Orient Villge to buy baguettes and cheese to snack on and several beach bars for a late lunch.
I can't seem to find out if I can buy a bottle of wine at Orient Village!
I am concerned that we will wish we had a car to go to Grand Case a couple of times, so I was trying to find out what a cab ride round trip would be. Seems like I can rent a car for around 40 dollars a dag in high season, which seems alittle steep.Grand Case is so close to Orient that I got to believe a taxi cab is cheaper.

Linda

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |