The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Going in March
Posted by: jerseymike (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 16, 2007 08:11PM

If you need some time out of the sun, try Lottery Farm. The lunch is outstanding and if you need some excercise there is hiking (moderate) and the Fly Zone. Great time if you are in shape for it.

Enjoy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gerry (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: February 17, 2007 12:51AM

Grumpy...

Please stay on the Dutch side You can contribute to the traffic jams and dine on pasta and burgers. If your lucky, you can have Uncle Harry undercook an overpriced lobster for you. Or better yet, go to Lee's for some dried up fish and ribs. Then before you leave, make sure you take the 2 hour ride to Phillipsburg, where you can rub shoulders with the cruise mob looking for fake cubans and 200% marked up diamonds.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: February 17, 2007 08:01AM

Gerry
Please make your posts informative and helpful.

Posted by: GaKaye (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: February 17, 2007 08:55AM

Thank you Barbara. It's very sad to see such intolerance and negativity here. One of the wonderful things about St. Maarten/St. Martin is its diversity. There's something for everyone here. Grumpy simply said he/she didn't like Orient, and explained why. There's room enough for everyone; please let's be kind.

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 17, 2007 12:36PM

Very nicely said, GaKaye, and I agree with you absolutely.

Because something isn't for me, doesn't mean it's not for the next guy and the diversity and the tolerance usually displayed by reasonable people on both sides of this vacation destination is but one of it's many drawing cards.

Respectfully,

pat
:-) :-)

Posted by: Gerry (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: February 17, 2007 02:32PM

I respect your opinion, its just that mine differs from you. I believe the Dutch side has nothing to offer, however the French side has far superior restaurants, out of this world cheeses, great inexpensive wine and much less congestion. What ever floats your boat!

Posted by: LennySXM (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: February 28, 2007 01:15PM

Both sides of the island have much to offer and that means dining also. The Dutch Side is not limited to hamburger joints as many will attest. Try Jimbo's, Valentino's, Le Bec Fin, Pineapple Pete's, SkipJacks, The Wharf, Temptations, Rare and Citrus to name just a few.
Some neat suggestions for alternate beaches to Orient (although I live here and I love Orient) would be Calmos Cafe on Grand Case Beach, Friar's Bay, Mullet Bay, Le Galion and the beach at Anse Marcel (at Le Meridien Resort). Baie Longue is fabulous but my problem with it is no shade.
Oh. The New Jersey place is Bay Watch run by Andy and Cheryl. One of my favorite and most fun places to eat.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |