The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

assessment pre-paid legal
Posted by: sunny (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 09, 2006 09:44AM

2Is there a lawyer or Law Firm that would be interested in entertaining a pre-
paid legal service for timeshare owners on sint maarten?

A service similar to those negotiated in labor contracts in the U.S.

Where each and every T.S. owner would have the convience of an attorney on annual retainer. At a nominal, annual fee.
It would be for the sole purpose of protecting us from illegal assessments and lease fraud.

As a T.S.owner at the Atrium, I would like to be the first to sign up.

Sunny

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: assessment pre-paid legal
Posted by: vettime82 (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 09, 2006 03:56PM

, If you are an Atrium owner and want to join in the Owners group planning to litigate the assessments please contact: rowiep@aol.com

Posted by: Sunny (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 10, 2006 09:01AM

I am in fact an owner at the Atrium. I have joined in the litigation and am committed to help rectify this injustice. Their are certain things that need to be done a.s.a.p. to help represent our fellow owners. One is to legally procure an owners list. Another would be to create a web page specefically to sign up interested litigants. I am working on this.
However,to my way of thinking, when this is over, we T.S. owners will need easy representation on the island should a situation like this arise again.
A lawyer on retainer at a modest annual cost, spread over the T.S.owners may be the answer.

sunny

Posted by: WWII (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 10, 2006 02:57PM

It's not a bad idea. We're in distant places most of the time. It might be good to have a representative "on sight" at all times who is familiar with the local laws..

Posted by: Austin Page (---.7.33.230.caribserve.net)
Date: November 13, 2006 02:15PM

I live on the island and do legal advisor services, primarily for U.S. citizens as my license is U.S. (Georgia). Several people have contacted me about the recent extraordainary assessment and many have multiple units for multiple weeks and the bite is rather severe. I have no law license in Sint Maarten but work with a number of the attorneys on the island.

I have done some calculations as to how much this recent assessment should generate and several of the people I know would like to join in an accounting demand to find out the details of the budget, where the money will be lodged, and other reasonable fiscal demands as well as obtain a commitment from mgmt. about a limit on future demands based on the success of this present assessment.

My cell here on the island is 559-552-9990 and my e mail is as listed.

Maybe there is resonable manner in which obtain accountability from the mgmt.

Regards, Austin Page

Posted by: Rowboat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 13, 2006 10:36PM

Sunny and others, I have set up a web site: www.Atriumownerssxm.com

At this time I am in Sint Maarten and have not been able to attend to the web site. We will get it going as soon as possible. We presently are very busy with the pending litigation, update to be posted soon.

Any Atrium owner that has not contacted me to be placed on the owners email list please contact me at: Rowiep@aol.com Presently we have over 100 owners on the list. There are over 3400 Atrium owners.

Or Mail to: Rowie Percoco 7138 Westmoreland Dr. Sarasota, FL 34243 or call 941-360-3336 after Nov. 20.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |