The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Newbie
Posted by: asemblyman (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 08, 2006 02:34PM

We are staying at a villa Le Cascades in Terres Basses Plum Beach. Does anyony know anything about this villa, or Plum beach?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elaine (---.p1.ragingwire.net)
Date: July 10, 2006 02:08PM

AdventureMom - We're staying at the Atrium. Right next door. Hope to see you.

Date: July 10, 2006 04:52PM

Elaine, We will be there July 15 -July 22

Date: July 10, 2006 04:53PM

Can some one tell me what type of Electrical converter I will need

Date: July 10, 2006 04:56PM

My wife id telling me I should bring a Jacket and long pants, I had intended to bring just some dressy short pants and some dress shirts. Are jackets required in any of the resturants?

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 10, 2006 08:11PM

asemblyman,

I think not. There may be about 2-3 places on the entire island where you might feel more comfortable in long pants but they are not the places you read about here most regularly.

If, on the other hand, you're the type who would be more comfortable in long pants and a jacket, feel free, but dress shorts will take you anywhere on the island. In honesty, for the majority of island eateries, I'm thinking you might feel out of place in a jacket and tie but it really is about what you're most content with.

pat

Posted by: scottie (---.rcc.org)
Date: July 11, 2006 05:25AM

For a nice meal without spending a fortune, we like California. They treat you well, you have a great view and if is reasonable priced. Enjoy your visit. If you like piano bars, try Soprano's in Maho and for a fun night out try Cheri's show in Maho also. Have the whole group eat burgers and tuna steak sandwiches at Sunset Beach Bar and kids and adults alike will enjoy watching the jets land.

Posted by: killian (---.dhcp.mant.nc.charter.com)
Date: July 11, 2006 10:50AM

Asemblyman-
You will NOT need long pants or a jacket in SXM. Island is very casual, and a nice pair of dressy shorts, and a nice shirt and sandals will get you in anywhere. For the women, the same holds true, but I always like to have a couple of sundresses for nicer dinners.
You should also try the Lolo's. These are locally run small barbeque stands/restaurants that have great food at great prices. Some of the favorites are Lido's and Johnny Under the Tree on the Dutch side, and Talk of the Town on the French side. You'd probably drive by them a hundred times, and not stop-but they're really good and shouldn't be missed.

Posted by: scottie (---.rcc.org)
Date: July 29, 2006 09:07PM

NO, I take golf shirts and bermudas and that will get you seated and fed anywhere. Most places you're ok with a t-shirt and shorts

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |